Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Christmas season Sunday Nights Out? Leeds? Manchester? Newcastle? Liverpool?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

Our annual Christmas trip has been, to put it mildly, a shambolic effort this year…a combination of poor organisation, truculence over destinations, crossed diaries and weekend working means we are down to Sunday 4th December as a viable night out.

Would locals of the above cities recommend their home towns as a Sunday night venue?

Remember this is a not an invite for a treatise on the merits, or otherwise, on Booze culture, because afterall that is the whole point of this trip…we’re not looking for cultural recommendations or warnings about binge drinking. Just wondering if it’s worthwhile making the train trip from Edinburgh if Sunday is a dead loss on Sunday nights in these places? Any help/advice would be gratefully received…

ton

greek street in leeds on a sunday night is very nice.
    not full of youngsters.

Sancho
    Free Member

German Market is mint too.

ton

got to sat, the xmas market at manchester is brilliant.
    went to it 2 yr ago, stayed at cattlefields hotel, and had a session on that glue wine stuff.
    proper drunk……… 8)

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Newcastle, but only if you can stand it in T-shirts

Duggan

I’d say the Manchester Christams markets would be your best bet. Sunday would actually be a good day too because they are FAR too rammed on any other day.

Having said that, if work asked me to go to a Christmas do on a Sunday night I would be slightly appalled.

MussEd
    Free Member

Mmm, maybe I’ve confused things. Work has nothing to do with this, my shift “organise” these things ourselves so no option left but to go for the Sunday. MAnchester may be edging it, though we did have an excellent day on the bier at Leeds christmas market followed by an entertaining in the Bierkellar a couple of years ago….dunno why we dont just fly to Germany next year…Thanks for your responses

timc
    Free Member

Scouser here, on a friday / saturday, I’d recommend Liverpool, on a sunday, I’m not so sure!

If i was to play the numbers game / hedge the bets, id be inclinded to think Manchester on a Sunday

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Christmas season Sunday Nights Out? Leeds? Manchester? Newcastle? Liverpool?’ is closed to new replies.