• This topic has 61 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Houns.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Christmas lurgy.
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone else been struck down? Every bloody Christmas without fail. Is it possible to still get the flu even if you’ve had a flu jab 3 weeks ago?

kelvin

Probably a cold, just a ____ing awful one. Well, that’s what we’re all suffering from here.

= :87(

marco
    Free Member

Me too
    Supposed to be going to Gisburn tomo but seeing as I cant breathe probably not!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup… Was meant to be out riding today, but feeling like crap all day yesterday stopped that.
    Still feeling rough today.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Must have been up 15 times in the night to pee. I know I didn’t drink that much yesterday as we spent 6 hours of it travelling.

I even lost my appetite. Those who know me will know how serious that is.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Yup. Have pretty much slept for the last three days.

martinh
    Free Member

Both my wife and I laid low with it since Christmas Eve. IF it is a cold it is a pretty bad one. No appetite, no riding, no fun.

vickypea
    Free Member

I had a cold that dragged on for 3 weeks, got rid of it just before Christmas, but have spent the last 2 days surrounded by sniffers and coughers, so I’m half expecting to come down with another one

Legoman
    Free Member

Yep, same here. Kids had it just before Xmas, so at least they recovered in time & enjoyed it, but I’ve been feeling rough for a week and spent most of the past 2 days in bed.

Doubly gutting as this was delivered last week and still hasn’t turned a wheel in anger:
    [/URL]]Cube

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Yup. Aches, pains, temperature fluctuations and a horrible hacking cough that’s left my ribs feeling like a punch bag. Not even considering getting on a bike for the immediate future.

Klunk
    Free Member

same here hardly touch anything christmas day, breakfast was the hilite down hill ever since, soup for tea yesterday still feel like shit. Don’t remember a more sober christmas.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Yes without fail every year. This year Mrs Curtis is suffering with me. As above, loss of appetite(no taste or smell)!!!!!!
    Had about 17 pees in the night and didn’t poo for two days(convinced night nurse has bunged me up)
    Missed my traditional Christmas day ride and still not getting out. Pretty bummed out and feeling cabin fever!
    On the plus side, should finish the final series of the Wire.

jools182
    Free Member

I spent the day at my brothers with his family who are all sneezing and coughing and have luminous snot 😯

donks
    Free Member

Came down with it yesterday, and was sofa ridden all day. Kids made a game of launching them selves at me and laughing as I writhed around… At least I didn’t make a fuss though 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve got it. Head feels like I’ve done a couple of rounds with Amir Khan & my dose is dripping like a tap then blocking. The sneezes are ‘violent’ to say the least! Was going to try a ride but I don’t think that’s a wise choice. Might even have to tell my lads not to bother coming down for a ‘number of drinks’ tonight. Must be bad. 🙄

langylad
    Free Member

Really crap on christmas eve, but have been getting away with a sore throat and a bit of snot since, that horrible tired , weak feeling has gone. Copious amounts of single malt seem to be keeping it at bay 🙂

sweepy
    Free Member

I’ve been at deaths door for a few days now, despite having the flu jab. But then when I did have flu I couldn’t type.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yep, I wondered why I was suffering horribly on the Xmas Eve ride, no energy & aching. Then it started to come out later that evening. Went out Xmas day with the wife as I didn’t feel ‘too’ bad, but by the afternoon & evening I was rotten, and yesterday was a write off.

Going out on the bikes tomorrow, so fingers crossed it’s improved. I have some impressive luminous green snot at the moment so it seems to be shifting at least 🙂

rascal
    Free Member

Raging sore throat, sneezing and cough = shight.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

2 weeks for me tomorrow and still get coughing fit if I go outside- luminous snot a plenty I’m like a phlegm fountain!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Currently on the train to watch Sale v Tigers, legs feel like jelly & I’m worried I’ll not stand through the game let alone make the 2 mile walk there and back!

oxym0r0n

Oh, dear onza – hop you get better soon and don’t infect your visitors!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers. For their own safety, our visitors are not visiting.

tang
    Free Member

My wife got a flu 6 weeks ago; still in bed. 3 kids, full time job, organising a bike race and non stop family visiting. Stressed? Just a bit.
    Edit: my mother has walked through the door…with a stinking cold.

bearGrease

Had it for eight days now. If I don’t shift it soon it will be too late, I will have turned entirely to snot.

MoreCashThanDash

Nothing major, just an annoying low level cold that goes no further than making me feel a bit bunged up. Would like it to go now though, please, 2 weeks is long enough.

willej

Yes, my wife, daughter and I have all had it (bad cold with mega cough, sore throat and related aches) for just over a week. I’ve had it worst so far but I think I’m improving and my wife’s getting worse. At one point I’m pretty sure I coughed up a lump of snot not far off the size of a chicken nugget.

I’m certain my body knows when I don’t have to go to work, lets down the defences and gets ill.

Nap time now, take care all.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yeah, I wonder if that’s a real thing. My body knows I don’t need to be on it this week so let’s the defences down.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Sick as a dog for a couple of days before Christmas, but managed to kill it with vodka on Christmas day. boxing day, back too shit.
    Dragged myself out for an easy ride today, but produced spectacular snot rockets.

ThePinkster

Been suffering it for a week now any no let up yet, not helped by ha ing to be in the office Mon – Wed this week and only had the first chance to stop charging around all over the country today.

Lousy cough, can’t stop sneezing and throat feels like it’s had broken glass dragged up & down it.

Keep losing my voice too, and this is only topped off with the headaches, aching eyes and even my teeth are aching.

MoreCashThanDash

Interesting comments about bodies letting down their defences – week up to Christmas was manic with work, various kids Christmas events and my daughters birthday. Seemed to be running on adrenaline all week.

Pretty much as soon as I got home from my last working day I could feel my nose starting to bung up and my head start throbbing…

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Yes! Started on Christmas Eve and appears to be flippin Hand, Foot & Mouth disease! How I got it I have no idea as the main culprit (sprog) hasn’t had it.

I feel shocking, have spotty plagued hands and feet and a load of fetching sores on my face

Do I win?

vickypea
    Free Member

No flu, but I had an unfortunately-timed migraine like a knife stabbing my head, started 10 pm
    Christmas Eve and finally went away last night.

bowser538
    Free Member

Yep
    ill since finishing work christmas eve!
    proper bout of man flu
    Hoping to get bike out tomorrow
    ive tried everything. Beer. Lager. Cider. Vodka
    nothing seems to shift it ?
    Bugger.

CountZero

Touch wood I’ll get through Christmas and New Year without succumbing to some vile plague or other. Went down with Norovirus a couple of years ago the first day back to work, completely flattened me for several days, having to wrap myself in towels because I was soaking the bedsheets with sweat, then straight away caught the cold from hell!
    I didn’t think it was possible for the human head to produce so much green goo, I can only assume that aliens from the planet Snot had opened a wormhole into my sinuses and were pumping the contents of one of their oceans straight into my head.
    And possibly my lungs.
    And it lasted for weeks, left me feeling totally wrung out for the next eighteen months or so.
    It’s only since summer I’ve actually felt at all well.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Came home from work on the 23rd and went straight to bed been there since, only just stopped coughing up phlegm by the gallon. Having to miss a party tonight as just feeling crap. Was going to go to out of ours surgery to see if I had a chest infection but my cough etc has eased. Have managed to eat and now getting fresh fruit down my neck to aid recovery, I’ve drank litres and litres of water so kept hydrated. Not a happy chap!

Klunk
    Free Member

is there no end to the misery, decided booze doesn’t help/not enjoyable 🙁 Every thing taste so bland too 🙁

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I ventured out of the house today. Drove 100 miles on the M74, had to get off the motorway to go and have a walk before I passed out. Not a good look.

Jamie
    Free Member

I ventured out of the house today. Drove 100 miles on the M74, had to get off the motorway to go and have a walk before I passed out. Not a good look

I misread the word, walk.

It made what was obviously quite a harrowing experience for you, quite amusing to me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Christmas lurgy.’ is closed to new replies.