• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Christmas just came early for me (road bike content) :-)
  • mboy
    Free Member

Random phonecall earlier today from a rep… Would you like to borrow a bike to try, I’m only 30mins away from you right now, I don’t need it back til January… I didn’t need asking twice!

Not had the chance to take it for a spin just yet, but will try and get a few miles in on it over the next few weeks… It’s really rather nice though! 😛

timbur
    Free Member

No discs??? So last year darling!!!!

(But does look a bit quick)

SaxonRider

How on earth does one get in on that racket?!? Having a rep call and offer you a bike? Nice for some. 😉

Sometimes I get calls offering me legal representation in light of some historical accident, but never bikes. 🙁

Enjoy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Having a rep call and offer you a bike? Nice for some.

Yep. It’s ace!

Haven’t ridden a Wilier since a Cento Uno back in 2011. Even with all the Campag rubbish on it, it was lovely. That looks a rather nice piece of it! Review required…

mboy
    Free Member

How on earth does one get in on that racket?!? Having a rep call and offer you a bike? Nice for some.

Perk of the job thank god… I signed my soul to the Devil the moment I opened my own bike shop to be fair, so it has to have some perks! 😉

That looks a rather nice piece of it! Review required…

Just looking for a dry day to get out on it first, but will do what I can. Will have to get used to Shimano again first (SRAM on my bikes) but I’m sure I’ll manage. 😆

No discs??? So last year darling!!!!

Discs are very definitely the future, but there’s definitely a lack of racy disc frames still. They will come but for now I can’t wait to give this a go!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Its going to rain heavily for the next 2 weeks and its all your fault.

onandon
    Free Member

Ok if it fits, rip away.,nice bike n wheels

igm

He didn’t think to offer you your choice of pedals though, did he? Oh no, some friend he is, leaving you to sort your own pedals…

Actually looking at it I’m trying to think which Planet X frame it’s a copy of – it’s very familiar.

mboy
    Free Member

Its going to rain heavily for the next 2 weeks and its all your fault.

Sadly, looking at the forecast, I fear you’re correct! 😕

Ok if it fits, rip away.,nice bike n wheels

It does now, fitted my saddle and a 10mm longer stem to get the required reach. Taken the Cosmic’s off, they’re very narrow, have put my Reynolds Assault’s with Tubeless Schwalbe One’s on to give it a fair assessment (as these are what I run normally out of choice), but also cos the rims are 5mm wider which gives the tyre a much better profile.

He didn’t think to offer you your choice of pedals though, did he? Oh no, some friend he is, leaving you to sort your own pedals…

Not even a pair of DMR V8’s! How will I manage…? 😉

Actually looking at it I’m trying to think which Planet X frame it’s a copy of – it’s very familiar.

😆

Get back under the bridge from whence you came you Troll! 😛

Haze

Nice 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Christmas just came early for me (road bike content) :-)’ is closed to new replies.