• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by grum.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Christmas Guilty Pleasures
  • wallop

Because the board is a bit light on festive threads….. 😆

Baileys
    Downton Abbey

Both of the above at the same time – kaboom!

ThePinkster

The Gruffalo. I love it.

BBC have got it all the wrong way round this year though – The Gruffalo Child is on today and The Gruffalo tomorrow.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Baileys
    Home alone

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Muppets Christmas Carol….best version ever.

tomhoward

Pigs. Blankets.

jamiep
    Free Member

Muppets Christmas Carol…while drinking Leffe Brun

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Puligny Montrachet

Stoner
    Free Member

Chef’s perks.

Since I do all the cooking…Ive just put a load of my homemade gravadlax on some brown bread ready for the family coming round in a few hours. Not all the gravadlax made it to the fridge obviously 🙂

Same goes for the rare breed sausages…

and the scallops…

nom. Chef tax.

And now M-in-L and Mrs S have taken little Stoners to be indoctrinated into zombie jewish flesheating supernaturaliana “Christingle” service, I can put my feet up with a G&T and 6Music.

EDIT: Nice one thm. I have some Chassagne Montrachet on the list for tomorrow. With a few nice Savennierres too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I hope the port store has been re-stocked after the great port disaster of 2012. 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Its like someone had put a hole in the bottom of the barrel 😯

Only sacrificial port on the shelf right now. Anything better would be wasted on the kind of house-guests I have to put up with …. 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

Nice wine at lunchtimes had a desert wine as well this lunchtime 😀
    and as I have to get up to sort the bird tomorrow I think some champagne with breakfast maybe in order 😀

Drac

As my kids are off to celebrate someone’s birthday with their mother and the mother in law I’m off to the pub for a Percy Special.

grum
    Free Member

Soft white bread and crunchy nut cornflakes are normally banned in our house but I have succumbed for Christmas. Also been drinking quite a bit of port and eating way too much fancy cheese. Had a little soirée the other night with a few mates where we all brought cheeses – ended up with 17 different varieties!

Drac

Soft white bread and crunchy nut cornflakes are normally banned in our house but I have succumbed for Christmas

That’s one crazy party.

tomhoward

Soft white bread and crunchy nut cornflakes are normally banned in our house but I have succumbed for Christmas

That’s one crazy party.

One step away from hookers and blow. This country’s gone to the dogs.

dannyh
    Free Member

Listening to Andrea Bocelli sing ‘I Believe’. I originally first listened to this on a Christmas Day when life wasn’t brilliant and I don’t mind admitting that a few tears were shed.

Nowadays, we have two massively lively and excited kids, and listening to it always makes such a stark contrast to how things felt back then.

Sentimental – guilty as charged!

grum
    Free Member

I like to live life on the edge.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Christmas Guilty Pleasures’ is closed to new replies.