Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Christmas eve riding in the lake district and Northumberland
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Every year we do an annual ride through the slop and bogs somewhere in northern England, this year we managed to find a gap in all these floods to skip across to the Lake District for a ride around Staveley, we even got some sun and blue skies!

I put together some photos of the ride and also from previous rides that we have been doing for almost 10 years now, my home town is near Hexham so if you are from that area you might also be interested in a look at some local photos of winter riding in the area.

Christmas Eve riding

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Nice. Shame about the wind, the wee descent from Staveley head fell is a sweet one.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

It was good once we got down near the trees, just watch out for the massive ruts and holes that have formed from the rain, my front wheel got eaten b those a few times on the way down

teethgrinder

Nice – me and the fun controller got married in Whitley Chapel, and both kids christened there. Lovely part of Northumberland.

paul4stones

Like it. See if you can work out where I live 😉

teethgrinder

Five Lane Ends…?

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

ha i’ve spotted you on here before Paul and guessed as much!

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

What bike do you ride Paul? Wondering if i’ve seen you out and about before, hey maybe i’ve even met you back when I used to live here

paul4stones

</waves Various bikes, SS Scandal sample, white Inbred 29er, orange Blue Pig and more recently a Pact bike monstercross! /waves>
    I hardly ever see anyone out. Keep meaning to go out with the folk who meet by Natwest on a Wednesday but usually go running/riding with some other mates.

Reckon I’m a good bit older than you 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Christmas eve riding in the lake district and Northumberland’ is closed to new replies.