Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Christmas Day games?
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

We’ve got 17 round for Christmas Day lunch and we need some fun games to play in the afternoon to keep everyone going. Any ideas?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Cards against humanity.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Go for a bike ride and they have to guess where you’ve been by the mud in your tyres.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Strip Twister

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Due to various family relationships we do this every other year at our place. This year is the year off so we are having a quiet Christmas. 🙂

We normally play 7 or 8 games and here are couple of ideas that always go down well. You’ll have to work out your own scoring methods based on the number of competitors.

Belgian Conkers (with Brussel sprouts!)
    Each player draws a ‘conker’ from a bag and battle commences. The players take turns in hammering the other’s conker until there is nothing left on the string. This is a knockout competition so draw names out of a hat like the FA Cup. New conker for each round.

Orange Racing
    You will need two oranges and one pair of old pantyhose for each racer. Place one orange into the leg of the pantyhose and then tie the pantyhose around the waist of the racer. The orange leg should hang down towards the ground and swing between their legs. Using the “third leg” players tap the second orange on the floor in front of them and race to the finish line. Use of hands or feet is not allowed.

The first player and orange to cross the finish line wins. You will have to work out your own course for this. Again FA Cup style draw at the start.

Balloon Buster
    Tie a balloon to each leg of each player. Armed with a rolled up newspaper, players have to burst opponent’s balloons with the newspaper. The player with one or more balloons left inflated is the Last Man Standing!

Any player bursting another player’s balloon with anything other than their newspaper will be instantly disqualified and score no points!!

This game can get very frantic so you need a bit of space and no breakables around.

Hope that givs you some ideas.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Keys in the fruit bowl. 😯

bikebouy
    Free Member

“Hide the sausage”

Who is winning so far?

Bregante

It’s become a bit of a tradition for us to go on a sort of treasure hunt/quiz after Christmas dinner. Last year my brother in law did one around his home town of Colchester and came up with cryptic clues for us to follow and answer a question about each location (for example: clues to a road name and then a description of a particular Christmas decoration. What number is the house?) We were split into teams of two with one local and one “outsider” on each team. I was dreading it but it was actually a good laugh.. and the fact that it included a couple of boozers in the questions helped too. One of his questions was the telephone number for a sex chat line on a business card in a public toilet on a multi story car park 😀

It has the added bonus of getting everyone out of the house for an hour or so too. Then those that choose to can stay home and veg/do the washing up.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Thanks for the sensible replies so far….the orange racing sounds a definite option, cheers forza!

Northwind

I shall be playing Blood Bowl with my little brother

If it’s a larger house then sardines is the best game ever

GolfChick
    Free Member

We’ve bought Articulate this year so will be trying it out over Christmas. Minimum number is 4 though so Christmas day could be tricky as there’s only 3 of us!

5thElefant
    Free Member

Not so much a game, but… Reloading party poppers with whatever came to hand was always a family favourite. Sprouts are good for range. Bread sauce is the most spectacular. Pro tip: doubling up on the bangpons allows a greater payload.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Chocolate sprouts ..especially if like me you can’t stand the foul evil smelling / tasting green turds ..its like Russian roulette with only a few of the sprouts in the pack sprout flavoured ..but man they are strong and being unlucky enough to sample one last year it nearly turned my face inside out ..but provided a lot of bellyaches for the rest of the family ..

senorj

You need “indoor Olympics “.
    Which comprises of two teams….
    Cracker eating,
    Ballon inflation,
    Hoover lift,
    Staring out ,
    Standing on one leg ,
    Arm wrestling,
    Quickest time to put on a duvet cover.
    A Dance off .
    A quiz .
    It’s best if the competitors aren’t sober.

epicyclo

The bareknuckle fights were usually enough entertainment in our household.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Drinking as much as you can without blurring out what you really think about various family members is always a favourite in our dysfunctional Yuletide abode. We’re yet to perfect ‘stopping short of the line’ and therefore to crown a ‘winner’

Ambrose

Doggy Bingo was brilliant last year.

This year we are going to try Lidl’s Bushtucker Challenge. I played it in class with my pupils earlier. Only two of them had to leave the room because they felt so ‘ill’.

Snapdragon- as seen on telly last night. A very shallow bowl of dried currants, covered with warm brandy set aflame. Competitors reach into bowl to retrieve the currants. Winner is the one with the most currants/ still alive.

Like this, but far more budget! https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/332435682579?chn=ps&adgroupid=47759957419&rlsatarget=pla-379105347500&abcId=1128946&adtype=pla&merchantid=116500037&poi=&googleloc=9045391&device=c&campaignid=856243141&crdt=0

Snapdragon
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snap-dragon_(game)
    http://www.schooloftheseasons.com/snapdragon.html
    Health Warning- flames ARE hot.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Electrocution

bentandbroken

The logo game (not the shop bought one, it’s rubbish)

Using google grab Logos of famous companies/brands and create printable document of them (about 30 works well)

Spans ages very well. For example little me will clock the Playstation logo very quick, but the older generation will spot things like Barclays Bank. Then there are cross generation ones like BP.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Christmas Day games?’ is closed to new replies.