Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Christmas carols?
  • seadog101

Mrs Seadog saw Christmas decorations for sale in John Lewis yesterday.

Anyone heard Christmas carols beyond played in shops yet? How early is too early…?

Houns

I saw decorations in a local garden centre in August

bikebouy
    Free Member

My local Garden Ctr has a massive 1bn sq foot space set out for Xmas Dec’s… and they open it up this coming weekend….
    It’s going to be quite busy I reckon.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I’ve yet to witness the first Christmas TV advert – no doubt it’ll be for sofas though…

Seen lots of mince pies for sale in supermarkets – that’s perfectly acceptable though 🙂

hairylegs
    Free Member

FFS …can we get Autumn Half Term, Halloween and Bonfire night out the way before we start talking about Christmas!

Next someone will tell me that they’ve seen the first Easter Eggs!

Far, far too early!

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

FFS …can we get Autumn Half Term, Halloween and Bonfire night out the way before we start talking about Christmas!

Next someone will tell me that they’ve seen the first Easter Eggs!

Far, far too early!

Chill dude, have a mince pie.

Bregante

Chill dude, have a mince pie.

and some mulled wine.

lunge

Aldi Seasonal aisle is just being done when I went there today, the Mulled Wine was out as were some seasonal chocolates. I, obviously, grabbed a bag of the latter…

IdleJon

Most people in the country get paid on or near the 28th. That gives two pay packets before Christmas. What would you do if you were a retailer? Wait until December to put the Xmas stuff on display?

This is simple stuff guys, doesn’t take much thinking to work out. 🙄

(I have already eaten a box of mince pies. 🙂 )

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Yep, this time of the year is the golden quarter for lots of people. In my line of work (printing) we’ve been getting ready for this since June.

SaxonRider

How early is too early? I would say you are early if you’re thinking about Christmas before the end of October. Ideally, you’ll wait until after Remembrance Day.

Six weeks of Christmas marketing is plenty.

Drac

I seen Hot Cross Buns in the Co-Op last week.

slowoldman

How early is too early…?

23rd December.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Too early

But I was listening to Handel’s Messiah last night and then went onto descants of various carols as they make my spine tingle.

Mrs THM thought that it was odd/too early for carols 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hot Cross Buns are a year round favourite in Waitrose, my freezers full of em’..

P-Jay
    Free Member

Tesco attempted to hack my brain in the 1st week of Sept that a) I should give a shit about Xmas b) it was closer than I thought c) so I should buy mince pies (best before Nov).

**** off and come back in December.

It’s still the thick end of 3 months away, no way I’m giving up a quater of my life thinking about that vulgar shitshow.

Drac

It’s still the thick end of 3 months away, no way I’m giving up a quater of my life thinking about that vulgar shitshow.

It’s Ok there’s no need to think about it none stop.

JoeG
    Free Member

Saw the first Salvation Army kettle of the season today at the supermarket. Not ringing the bell, though… 😕

Drac

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W4rR-OsTNCg[/video]

slowoldman

But I was listening to Handel’s Messiah last night

Which was written for Easter, so that’s 6 months early.

hjghg5
    Free Member

We went for a (chain) pub meal last night and the staff were in elf t-shirts advertising their Christmas meals…

PiknMix
    Free Member

ITTTSSSSSSS CHHHHHRRRRRIIIIIIIIISSSSSTTTTTMMMMAAAASSSSSSSSSS.

seadog101

Two pay days before Christmas? I don’t think one sixth of my pay is dedicated to blatant consumerism.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

In order to get a song popular by christmas time, you have to start plugging it well in advance, so: here goes.

It has always seemed to me after all. that Christmas, with its spirit of giving, offers us all a wonderful opportunity each year to reflect on what we all most sincerely and deeply believe in;
    I refer of course, to money.

Christmas time is here, by golly,
    Disapproval would be folly.
    Deck the halls with hunks of Holly,
    Fill the cup and don’t say “When”.

Kill the turkeys, ducks and chickens,
    Mix the punch, drag out the Dickens
    Even though the prospect sickens,
    Brother, here we go again.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Christmas carols?’ is closed to new replies.