Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Christmas cards
  • Cougar

Just posted this on Facebook and Twitter, thought it’d be appropriate here too.

So here’s the thing. I’ve not been big on Christmas cards for a long time as I think they’re a waste of money.

I’ve just seen two juxtaposed Tweets; one about food banks, and one about what someone’s doing instead of sending cards this year, and that gave me an idea.

So this year, the money I would’ve spent on Xmas cards and miscellaneous tat will instead go to donations to a food bank. A tin of Tesco Value beans is like 24p, an average card from the same store is £1.50. That’s six tins of beans for the price of a card.

In return, I don’t want a card. If you were going to send me one, please don’t, chuck a tin in the charity trolley for me next time you’re at the supermarket. They all have them.

If you could spread this idea and urge others to do the same, and / or consider doing it yourself, that would be a froody thing to do.

Thank you.

Onzadog
    Free Member

But don’t forget to check the sell by date on the beans first.

zippykona

Can I send this?

DezB
    Free Member

*wonders what to do with Cougar’s card what I buyed him*

Cougar

Trade it in for some humbugs?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I have sent 2 cards under strict instructions from my Dad this year to keep my mother happy and to cheer up my Grandma, both worth the money. Some people feel happy receiving a card so perhaps cut down the number and donate to charity at the same time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Christmas cards’ is closed to new replies.