Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Christmas bonuses?
  • binners

I’ve never had a christmas bonus. I remember our kid (London Meeedja type) once got one that was bigger than my annual salary 😯

What surprises me here is that people regard a christmas do as a bonus. I’d rather remove my own kidneys with a teaspoon than attend one. And the idea that you’d have to pay for it yourself? Are you insane?!!!!

miketually
    Free Member

What surprises me here is that people regard a christmas do as a bonus. I’d rather remove my own kidneys with a teaspoon than attend one. And the idea that you’d have to pay for it yourself? Are you insane?!!!!

I work with nice people who I like 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

What surprises me here is that people regard a christmas do as a bonus.

I also work with people I like (one reason for taking the job actually) and I go out with them even when it’s not being funded by work in a nice restaurant.

And we’re a widely distributed team, being consultants, so we are rarely all together.

binners

You pair of freaks! 😛

warton
    Free Member

no bonus for us, but we do get,

A big, free Christmas party, free booze all night, meal, entertainment,

Free tickets to a company only screening of a big Christmas film for you and the family (this year it’s the Hobbit 2)

free family tickets to a panto

the company takes over the corporate area of the Newcastle falcons for a free day out at the rugby, free booze etc

a free afternoon for young kids, santa, presents, party food etc

so, all in all, i’d prefer all of that, rather than 50 quid in an envelope.

footflaps

We get up to 15% of salary based on how well the company does in meeting it’s financial objectives. However, as it made a loss the last two years, we got nothing. This year it’s looking marginal, all depends on what orders close in the next few weeks as to how much, if anything they will award. Personally I think it’s a waste of time: the best case scenario is it pays out, but that won’t make anyone work harder. If it doesn’t pay out, people are just pissed off over it, so it actually decreases productivity.

Drac

Actually the Xmas talk has reminded me that this year we’re not having one so I’m saving about £180+ there not paying for the drink or the night out. Just as well as I didn’t get any overtime in to pay for them.

brakes
    Free Member

we get the 27th December off as a holiday which is a kind of non-cash bonus.

miketually
    Free Member

a free afternoon for young kids, santa, presents, party food etc

Some of our students organise a Christmas party for staff kids, as part of their coursework, too.

Drac

Off at Xmas. What’s that?

Ok so all being well I’m off this year but that can change upto 24hrs before hand.

juanking

Not strictly a bonus but received my response from HSBC regarding some PPI which was on a couple of credit cards that my bank kindly told me about. Long and short accepting settlement for over £10k for filling out some standard forms and a quick telephone discussion. If you are unsure contact your bank and ask.

ourmaninthenorth

First proper job I had I arrived there in the first year they dished out vouchers at Christmas, rather than the usual slab of poultry of uncertain origin. Mainly because they got sick of dishing them out on Christmas eve, and then finding people had left them under their desks until the new year….

thekingisdead
    Free Member

remember my old man (ex-city broker) getting stupid bonuses equivalent to half his yearly salary. crazy

Just 50%!? Was he not very good at his job!? 😉

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

last place I worked at used to do a nice gift (few bottles of wine, chocolates, that kind of thing), and pay half the yearly bonus in december, and half in august – which was nicely timed for summer holidays & christmas. Getting a cracker of an annual performance review could mean anywhere up to 15-20% of yearly salary, although a “good” year, more like 5 or 6%.

no yearly bonus in the current job though, but the benefits are bettter

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Christmas bonuses?’ is closed to new replies.