Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 160 total)
  • Christmas bonuses. Anybody get one?
  • binners

I am aware of their existence, but I’ve never been in a job where you get one. This year will be no different. I do know someone (London meeedya type) who, a few years ago, got one that was over double my annual salary 😯

So, just a quick straw poll. Who gets one?

Feel free to brag about the huge amount you receive as a small acknowledgement of your genius. Or bitch an moan about the injustice of it all 😉

GO!

jam-bo

I’d be suprised if I don’t.

scotroutes

Nope.

Still, another few years and I should get my winter heating allowance.

MrOvershoot

No never, plant engineer usually means you get the chance to be on call over crimbo too 🙁

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve only had one in the seven years that I’ve worked in the place I do.

There will be some this year because I ahve heard two partners talking about it (divying up the allowance). We have no idea until pay day as to whether we get one or not.

I’m hoping that I get one after working hard and for the last few years, getting chartered and only getting a so-so pay rise this year.

chewkw
    Free Member

Never in my life had one … 😀

BoardinBob

I get £20 in premium bonds 8)

Pigface
    Free Member

No

thestabiliser
    Free Member

used to get a crate of beer. I want a crate of beer.

(Got a crappy hamper with an individual -yes, individual – sized bottle of elderflower cordial, musnt grumble. Grumble, grumble.)

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I’ve given everyone an extra 2 days paid holiday – unsure if that counts as a bonus or not but they all seemed happy enough with that.

DezB
    Free Member

Yes. About a months money. Every year. Percentage amount goes up the higher up the chain you are, so if you’re on shitloads salary, you get shitloads bonus.
    And, the best thing is, those on shitloads decide how much they get and how much can be shared amongst the minions!

fasthaggis

Yes,3 mince pies and a sherry

superfli
    Free Member

Had a bonus once in a previous job. Other than that have not ever had any sort of Christmas present or bonus from the company (in over 20 years). My immediate boss may buy our team members a bottle of wine each, but nothing else. I dont even get a thanks or Xmas card 😥

binners

That seems veery generous hughjayteens. I’d be very happy with that. Good on ya!

lemonysam
    Free Member

We get them in january but I’m told I’m in line for one. It was about 5% of salary last year and I was only here for 6 months.

andyr
    Free Member

Had the first one in my 18 year career last year. Praying for another one this year to replenish the new FS fund after depleting it getting a fatty.

Only other thing I’ve ever had was a bottle of Stolichnaya vodka.

mogrim

My yearly wage is split into 14 payments – a fairly standard Spanish practice – which means I always get a bonus just before summer and just before Christmas.

OK, it’s not really a bonus as such, and it’s money I don’t get through the year. But it’s still great 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

No word yet but quietly hopeful.

ahwiles
    Free Member

nope, never had one, probably never will.

if i had a time-machine, my first stop would be 1994 – to punch my careers advisor straight up his bracket.

ourmaninthenorth

Never had a Christmas bonus. Do – depending on business/personal performance – get an annual bonus, which is usually paid in the summer.

smatkins1
    Free Member

I got one about 8 years ago when I worked at Woolworths whilst at college. £30 in vouchers, I’d only just started a few weeks earlier. That never happened again nor have I had one in any subsequent jobs 🙁

mrblobby
    Free Member

Self employed, not decided if I deserve one yet 🙂

ads678

Had a few with different companies but never silly amounts of money like some you here about. Getting one this year as we’ve done well as a company this year. Were only small civil/structural engineering consultancy but are doing well and expanding. Won’t be much though, I reckon max £100.

Northwind

Nah, I get a stack of free holidays instead. Used to get an annual bonus but this place just kind of pays you the right amount instead

jekkyl

if I ask the wife nicely on Christmas eve 😉

willard

Nope, but then I do have a job and will only be on call for part of the holiday (such as it is), so can’t complain.

stumpy01

I think I had two while working at the first company I joined after graduating. They weren’t officially Christmas bonuses, but were paid in January and were based on a combination of how well the company had done and how well you had done (as a result of an appraisal).

Since then, not had one.

A mate of mine who works in the pension industry seems to have been given a bonus every time I speak to him. And they aren’t trivial amounts of money, either; I seem to remember 11% & 16% being mentioned as bonuses in the past.

At my place at the moment, I think there is a high expectation of pay rises in January as there haven’t been any for a while and the company is starting to come out of a prolonged slow period with some good signs of growth. I’m not holding my breath, to be honest. Be a pleasant surprise that way, rather than a disappointment.

the-muffin-man

Nope

robdob
    Free Member

Pigface – Member
    No

Same here…… 😉

And I just sent an email to my bosses which showed I recovered £180k for them.

nedrapier

Nope – performance related jobby in March. Last year’s was quite good as we made more profit than revenue – which is a clever trick.

robdob
    Free Member

I haven’t even got the standard 1% cost of living increase which we should have got in June yet….

66deg
    Free Member

During my 17 years of self employment i used to give myself a pat on the back,as my flexibility lessened it became more of a scratch behind the ear. 😕

euans2
    Free Member

Used to get one but that stopped 2 years ago after the company was taken over

senorj

No.
    But I get a free meal. Such much……

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I did in my previous job – usually about a months money, sometimes none – depended on company’s financial performance as much as your own. Current job, none, but we get overtime, which works out not dissimilar, as in my previous job I usually worked contract hours + 10% ish. Previous jobs to that, I was lucky to still be employed on a reliable basis, they were shaky startups.

brakes
    Free Member

in the current world of margin and bottom line scrutiny, discretionary Christmas bonuses are pretty much forgotten.
    they’re certainly not part of normal incentive structures in this country anyway.

Sandwich

A what, now?

emsz
    Free Member

We get a thing called the 13th month pay here. We can have it in the summer or Xmas. It’s on top of our normal wage! Very very cool of them.

ekul
    Free Member

Not a bonus as such but got a 3% backpay for the year coming on the 15th. So I’m viewing it as an xmas bonus.

Just a shame every penny of it is already accounted for 🙁

hot_fiat

Not a Christmas bonus as such. We get a year end bonus depending on how well the company performs which can be very good indeed. Under our new Bible-belt overlords we get the whole of Christmas week off as customary holidays.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘Christmas bonuses. Anybody get one?’ is closed to new replies.