• This topic has 51 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by wicki.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Christmas and Inlaws
  • fifeandy
    Free Member

Just a reminder that for anyone desperately seeking a way to escape the inlaws there’s the festive 500 😀
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-2016-festive-500-thread

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve already posted about my MiL previously, but my MiL decided to move to Scotland eighteen months ago…

So this year it’s me, missus, teenage stepsons and cats. Bliss.

curto80
    Free Member

This year after 16 years I have put my foot down and said we will go to the in-laws on Boxing Day but Christmas Day is for our little family of 4.

They are a terrible combination: MIL who tries to dictate absolutely everything from which presents the girls can open when to how long I should cook the turkey for. FIL who just sits there on his @rse literally all day watching Last of the Bloody Summer Wine. No happy medium.

So I am coming under a lot of moral pressure to relent and have them round on Christmas Day. The MIL is particularly upset I think. I am determined to hold out.

The twin BIL only lives down the road and has never hosted them. Surely it has to be his turn, they’re his bloody parents not mine.

pcb
    Free Member

My in-laws are great, i think its part of choosing a partner. If their family are mental there’s a good chance they will be to.

zanelad
    Free Member

Luckily for me, but not so lucky for them my in laws have shuffled off this mortal coil.

A small blessing at this time of the year.

padkinson
    Free Member

I miss my ex-in-laws. Lovely people. I might nip round with a bottle of wine when the ex-gf is out.

prawny

My inlaws are lovely, it’s my family we need to dodge

Inlaws are coming for tea on Christmas day. I’ll pop round to mine on Christmas eve and maybe give them a call or drop a text on the day.

petec
    Free Member

just do it all.

We’ve the inlaws for xmas. But on Xmas eve (and the torchlight procession) we’ve the inlaws, my parents, my brothers and their families, which (as is possibly normal in Norfolk) includes my wife’s cousin. So her aunt and uncle are coming as well.

busy busy. Lucky I get on with them all.

angeldust
    Free Member

Lots of love for the inlaws so far on this thread. I predict popular opinion will change significantly over the next few days…..

fasthaggis

Love my inlaws to bits.
    They have arrived at ours,so heading home now.
    I don’t care that it’s pissing down and Storm Barbara is blowing through,
    we are going to have a great time.
    So Merry Christmas STWers.
    Have a good one.
    🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Rather than subject either myself or my wife to our respective parents, we are are going away for Christmas day & Boxing Day together.

Literally cannot wait. We both find our families hard work, so will enjoy the peace & a meal cooked for us that arrives on time.

wicki
    Free Member

I live 2 doors down from the outlaws over xmas about 20 or so will gather 4 generations we will get outrageously drunk and sing and dance the servette song and i will probably start to smoke again and have to re-fight that battle in January.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Christmas and Inlaws’ is closed to new replies.