Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Christian Voice in complete lack of irony shocker
  • GrahamS

Christian Voice have lodged a complaint with the Advertising Standards Association about those “There’s probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life.” adverts.

The basis of their complaint is that ASA’s code states “marketers must hold documentary evidence to prove all claims”.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7818980.stm

swamp_boy

That works both ways.

They should ask Christian Voice to prove their belief. If I recall the Hitchhiker’s Guide God refuses to prove that he exists because proof denies faith and without faith God is nothing.

Counter complaint from Richard Dawkins in 10……9……8……

woody2000

I’m sure they get round the lack of evidence quite nicely by using the word “probably”. Just like Carlsberg.

I like the Christian voice guys idea of “evidence”

“There is plenty of evidence for God, from people’s personal experience, to the complexity, interdependence, beauty and design of the natural world.

Sign me up, I’m convinced!

miketually
    Free Member

Christian Voice is pretty much just one bloke, Stephen Green, with a big mouth and about a thousand newsletter subscribers.

surfer
    Free Member

You couldnt make it up!

snowslave

Jesus had a beard.

bigyinn
    Free Member

We have no problems with people having their own beliefs, as long as they dont conflict with ours.
    This is how Nazi Germany started!

GrahamS

This is how Nazi Germany started!

I’m no historian, but I don’t remember Christian Voice starting Nazi Germany.
    Wasn’t it some guy with a dodgy tache?

Stoner
    Free Member

will some guy with a dodgy beard do instead:

Stephen “loopy fruits” Green

miketually
    Free Member

will some guy with a dodgy beard do instead

He’s only got that because it’s January 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

Jesus was a Jew. Jews are Israely, Israel undertakes war crimes. Jesus is a war criminal. Christians believe in Jesus, All Christians are war criminals.

miketually
    Free Member

Jesus was a Jew. Jews are Israely, Israel undertakes war crimes. Jesus is a war criminal. Christians believe in Jesus, All Christians are war criminals.

The Queen is head of the Church of England. So, the Queen is a war criminal. The Queen is the British head of state, so all Britons are war criminals. Tony Blair is British…

Hey, the logic works!

snowslave

The queen has a beard, so she is the head of the church of england, which was set up by Henry 8th, who also had a beard.

scaredypants

is the queen doing the January beard thing then ?

what’s her login, or does one just lurk ?

glenh
    Free Member

Did any of them have a Marin?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Christian Voice in complete lack of irony shocker’ is closed to new replies.