• This topic has 125 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by kja78.
Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • Christian knowledge regarding Easter sought.
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

Well it wasn’t meant as an insult

I wonder what would happen if you tried to insult if this is all accidental 😯

Who does not know Jesus was a Jew ? If only they covered the basics like this at University when one did theology. I thank you for your kind words not meant to be mean, patronising or insulting.

Chuckles at THM still doing this

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

(Tbc, this relates to another thread not this one)

Anyway belated Happy/Blessed Easter/pagan ritual/excuse for a bit of choccy to everyone.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Who does not know Jesus was a Jew ?

Well if you’re smart enough to work that out how come you not smart enough to work out that Jewish rabbis do Jewish stuff like celebrate and organise Jewish feasts such as the Passover ?

That was meant as a patronizing insult btw 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Stands corrected

Aye happy whatever you celebrate

FWIW i had passover Sedan with a Jewish family [ relatives] and I am now off for the Catholic version now with friends

Its interesting as I would never be this rude in the real world to people of faith – though my kids are excluded from RE at school.

In general you struggle to live up to hard moral standards

EDIT:I had not read ernies post when i replied but I have given up on any chance of anything other than piss taking with him …not meant as an insult either 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Aye happy whatever you celebrate

Thanks, but I’m not actually Jewish. Although I am a carpenter as you noted.

kja78
    Free Member

In answer to the original question; in John’s account of Jesus clearing the temple, Jesus says ‘destroy this temple and I will rebuild it in three days.’ John explains that after his death the disciples realise he was talking about himself. In Matthew and Mark’s accounts of Jesus’ trial, witnesses come forward to say they heard him day that. That’s the only reference to three days in the Gospels.

I’d be interested to know for what nefarious purposes the Gospels and Epistles all heavily associate the Crucifixion with Passover?

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘Christian knowledge regarding Easter sought.’ is closed to new replies.