Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Christchurch Adventure Park on Fire!
  • alexxx
    Free Member

This started Monday, I haven’t seen any mention on here of it so thought I’d share.. sorry if it’s been done:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/89462014/christchurch-port-hills-fires-what-you-need-to-know

We were riding there last week and it’s unbelievable this much damage has happened since. Such a shame from a new promising park for the area and country.

24 million dollers up in flames and thats just the adventure park!

Around 4000 acres are / have been ablaze.

ChCh really has had some poor luck in recent times

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Jeez, I thought you meant OUR Christchurch!
    Sorry to hear that.

NZCol

The infrastructure is OK – lift and base buildings etc are all fine. As you say though it’s an immense fire v close to the city and while only a small number of dwellings have been destroyed the vegetation will take a long time to regenerate. A boot in the nuts for ChCh once again though.

willard

I thought I heard on the radio this morning that the local police were treating the fires as having been started deliberately.

I could be wrong about that but, if true, that’s a shit thing to do given how many locals have had property and houses destroyed.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We have a niece who lives 20k down the road from it, she’s been evacuated but no signs the fires heading that way.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Christchurch Adventure Park on Fire!’ is closed to new replies.