Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Just narrowly avoided being involved in an armed robbery.
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

Nipped down to the offie downstairs, a few minutes ago, to get a couple of cans. Noticed a couple of lads woth hoodies, skulking about round the corner, but din’t think nowt of it.

Just after I left, they went into the offie, and robbed it a gunpoint. There’s police all over the estate now. Blokes in the offie are ok, thank God. They were actually laughing about it (not the first time, sadly).

One of those times, you think ‘why coon’t I have spotted the signs?’. I had a feeling the lads were up to no good, as they seemed a bit shifty, but it was only when I looked out of the window, to see what was going on, that it sunk in what had happened.

This sort of stuff goes on a fair bit round here, and I dare say in many of the rougher parts of Britain’s inner cities.

I just feel sorry for the blokes who run the offie. Really nice people, friendly, courteous, always polite. Just feel a bit angry, that two clots like these feel they can just go and take other people’s hard earned. I know things can be difficult, and it’s a struggle to get by, if you don’t have the best start/resources etc, but there’s no **** need for things like this. Bang out of order.

My building is now taped off. Firearms unit has turned up.

Sometimes, I get a bit fed up of living in a place like this.

rolymo
    Free Member

i hope none of the firearms officers are members of this forum, or else your front door will be going in very soon…..now, wheres that crimestoppers number ?

Peregrine
    Free Member

Wow – and i thought i had it bad – abuse from the chav gangs when i go collect me kids, burnt out cars on the paths, fires in the ball park. (usually wheelie bins) Not seen any armed blags yet. There’s time i’m sure.

grumm
    Free Member

Thought London was the greatest place in the world? Surely going to an art gallery or something makes up for it? 😛

nickc

I get a bit fed up of living in a place like this.

Fed up? Of London?

You are not rudeboy, and I claim my £5

rs
    Free Member

bit late to be going to the offie isn’t it? on a school night!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Fed up? Of London?

Not of London, just this poxy estate. And only sometimes.

People just trying to make a living, scraping by, and some clot comes along to rob ’em.

Actually, there are lots of really nice people round here. Several of my neighbours are tops. And it’s got great transport links. The Blackwall Tunnel approach is but 200m away.

Thought London was the greatest place in the world? Surely going to an art gallery or something makes up for it?

It is, and it does. And I shall be indulging in some cultural treats, later on in the week, if I’m a good boy.

Occasionally, this estate is slightly less than ideal…

samuri
    Free Member

Similar thing happened to me. I was walking down the offie and bumped into a guy I’d not seen for a few years. Chatted for about ten minutes, went to the offie, they’d *just* been held up with a shotgun. If I’d not have stopped to chat, I’d have been in there went it all went down.

That and the stabbing that happened right in front of our flat was what convinced me to move out of Manchester.

Oxboy
    Free Member

Rudeboy move, cant see any fun in living in that sort of environment it will catch up with you in the end.
    I dont even want to go visit London let alone live there.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’ve been in a shop while it was being robbed, and had a gun pointed at me. I was only little, and with me mum, just doing a bit of shopping. Terrifying. The shop manageress was hit in the face with a gun, and she never really recovered from the shock.

It is horrible, but ittul take more than a couple of **** like these, to force me out of my home. Many people worldwide live in far worse circumstances.

Been down again to have a chat with the fellers. They’re a bit shaken up, but otherwise fine. Not hurt at all. And the **** woon’t have got away with more than one days takings, as they don’t leave money in the shop. Several family members have turned up, and the forensic team are in there now. CSI are knocking on people’s doors, at this time of night. Thatull make them popular. At least the Dog Section get a run about.

CountZero

While I’m born and raised in rural North Wilts, stuff like that happens even round here. There’ve been a number of armed hold-ups of convenience stores recently, tho’ most involve knives. There’s scumbags everywhere, cities just have more of them. And I love Lunnun, never miss a chance to visit, RA Summer Exhibition being next one. Heck, I’ve even got an Oyster Card! Glad nobody got hurt, RB.

Spongebob
    Free Member

You sound like you need to escape to the country!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yes, that’s the main thing. S’only money, lost.

I just feel angry and upset for the fellers who run the place. They’re good people, and don’t deserve owt like this.

I’ll pop in and see them tomoz, see how they’re getting along. People can be remarkably resilient.

They’ve just had a gun pointed at them, and cooduv been killed. Jeeze…

DrJ

I’ve been in a shop while it was being robbed, and had a gun pointed at me. I was only little, and with me mum, just doing a bit of shopping. Terrifying

Gosh. A traumatic experience at an early age can affect your spelling. Lucky you made it OK.

rOcKeTdOg

in the tranquil semi rural south mids where i live we’ve had one post office robbery that ended in fatality and one as yet unsolved murder 🙁

jon1973
    Free Member

They have at least one murder a week in Midsommer, and thats in the middle of nowhere.

geoffj

LOL at Jon1973

sq225917
    Free Member

Gun crime is terrible in Sheffield, you’d be no better off if you moved here, no siree, definitely don’t come here.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Grew up in Rotherham, so I can empathise!
    If you don’t know it, it’s the town they use to demonstrate how fat/ugly/stupid/crime riddled/thick people are – Jamie Oliver/Go ****/Clarkson (James May can’t comment as he was in my year at school but he hides it well)
    Now live in the hills which is just as bad – we had a sheep in our garden a month ago – thieving bastard ate everything it could see.

DrJ

They have at least one murder a week in Midsommer, and thats in the middle of nowhere

And St Mary Mead!! That place would be unliveable without Miss Marple!!

theotherjonv

I also noted that after Inspector Morse died, the murder rate in Oxford plummeted. And you all thought he was the one solving them!

[actually may not have been Morse at all – I suspect his sidekick, but have still to find the proof]

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Just narrowly avoided being involved in an armed robbery.’ is closed to new replies.