Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Chris King Rear Hub Service in North West (Preston)?
  • jeznewsome
    Free Member

Anyone recommend somewhere (local to preston ideally) where I can get a service on a Chris King rear hub. I feel it is more than just a spine greasing (which I can do myself) that it needs and want someone who knows what they are doing to do the work. If that mean I need to post it away then far enough, but I need it back within 3 weeks to support a Spanish trip.

Ta in advance

aguesty1
    Free Member

What about Leisure Lakes at Preston? Not been to that one but the one is Bury seems ok.

amsterdan
    Free Member

harry halls in manchester ask for guy or andy had mine done yesterday

Whyte1
    Free Member

have a look at youtube , if it’s just a clean and lube it’s really easy to do yourself

jeznewsome
    Free Member

Harry Halls might be a good bet then. It is more than a clean and lube I am after.

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Merlin cycles have started selling chris king hubs, guess they could service them. Based in chorley.

SidewaysTim

Bit far maybe, but I’ve been servicing King hubs for knocking on 15 years. See if you get any joy closer to home, but give us a shout if not.

Tim.

izakimak
    Free Member

paul hewitts in leyland will be able to do it.

jeznewsome
    Free Member

I have dropped into Paul’s before but he said he didn’t really like touching them and was not confident in the tooling. It was at that point that I gave it a clean and re-lube but I want someone that knows the hubs fully.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Have you spoken to Ride on at Rawtenstall. I’m in Fulwood and popping over to them this week. I could drop it in if you liked?
    Richard

d45yth
    Free Member

Get it posted to either Bromley Bike Co. or Tarty Bikes. You’ll get it back within a week…3 weeks? 🙄
    Both do online payment for CK servicing.

jeznewsome
    Free Member

Thanks all for the replies.

I have spoken to Ride On and they are able to do it.

Thanks for the offer Richard but I have a mate who works out that way and can drop it off for me tomorrow.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Chris King Rear Hub Service in North West (Preston)?’ is closed to new replies.