• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by viv.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Chris King ISO hubs are they worth the extra?
  • c_klein87

I’ve recently gone single speed and I’m after a single speed specific hub, always wanted a chris king hub but are they worth the 100+ extra over say a hope pro II trials? or are there similar performance hubs out there which cost less. thanks for any input

IanMunro
    Free Member

The king hubs will offer absolutely zero performance improvements over pretty much any other hub including the Hope hub. Whether they are worth £100 extra? Well, that’s largely down to how much you think it’s worth having a component with CK written on it.

njee20
    Free Member

DT Swiss would get the nod from me, lighter than King and less maintenance.

forgotmename
    Free Member

Yes its worth the extra money, ive had a set {with the disc adapter} for 8 yrs, 1 service, had to undo the axle and tighten the preload on the bearings a few times over 8 yrs riding in the peaks, alps wales and scotland, i have seen countless sets of my friends wheels go to pieces in that time.Splash out on quality kit.

epicyclo

I think Tune (230gm) is the lightest SS cassette hub then there’s American Classic (244gm) and then Hope (295gm). Don’t know about CK because I don’t have one.

I think you should base your decision on technical merit – buy the hub which has the prettiest anodising 🙂

Works for me.

jeb

They are not really lighter, or faster, but they are so simple to work, regrease, set preload on, that a monkey on crack can do it.
    Mine has worked for 6 years.
    I have before ruined dt 240, tunes, and i dont ride that sick.
    I dont consider it a pimp object, just a part that plain works.

Onzadog
    Free Member

toss a coin, if after seeing the result, you say to yourself “best of three” you have your answer!

viv
    Free Member

One thing I like about the CK iso hubs are the buzz they make – even at slow speeds – as opposed to the annoying ticks hopes give off – this is probably down to having many more teeth in the ratchet and helps make their pick up even more instant – any other hubs do this? – my hope dont….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Chris King ISO hubs are they worth the extra?’ is closed to new replies.