Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chris king hub servicing!!!
  • Bikepimp
    Free Member

Got a rear king which has serious drag and when freewheeling the chain hits off the chainstay 🙁 Can you give me some advice to servicing. I have already stripped and re-greased the bearings with the ringdrive grease to no avail. I look forward to your comments.

Cheers

sheldona
    Free Member

You’ll need to strip the bearing outbid the freewheel and clean them. You’ll need the King service tool for that job.

Bikepimp
    Free Member

Have you stripped one yourself? Where’s the best place to buy the king tool?

Cheers

18bikes

You won’t want to buy the service tool, it is £153 for the whole tool kit, we have one and it’s a very nice piece of kit though, madeto the same high standards as the hubs. Send the wheel to us and we can do the whole service for £30. or we can get the tool for you if you want….

matt

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

noted 18 bikes

need to get the back wheel off the wife’s ventana done, what’s your turn around time like, if i booked it in could i get it done for next day if i’m up your way?

Bikepimp
    Free Member

Matt@18 bikes does the servicing include return carriage?

18bikes

If the wheel is booked in for a certain day, it would be done on that day provided there are no problems that require parts we don’t have in stock. If you want to be without it for as little time as possible get it booked in rather than just randomly dropping it off!

£30 would just be for the work, postage on top, £15 per wheel via Fedex next day

Matt

ScottChegg
    Free Member

If it’s draggy a clean and relube could be all that’s needed.

Takes about 10 minutes, there’s even vids on the King website.

sheldona
    Free Member

Bikepimp, yes I’ve 5 sets of hubs so do them regulary. Mike, if you’re passing this way I could do yours before/after a ride?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chris king hub servicing!!!’ is closed to new replies.