Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Chris King Headset & Maverick Frame Compatibility?
  • WoodyCannondale
    Free Member

I am looking for a new headset for my Maverick frame which requires a “Campagnolo standard (45ºx45ºx42mm)” headset. I know its an inset i’m after but would anyone happen to know exactly which of the Chris King inset headsets I should be looking at.

Many thanks.

wwaswas

I’d have a look over mtbr – there’s a fervent Maverick section on there that’ll have the answer.

BadlyWiredDog

If it’s the same as the ML7, the bearings just sit directly in the headtube – ‘integrated headset I think – rather than using any sort of inset cup, so unless later models are different, I’m thinking the Chris King InSet won’t work.

WoodyCannondale
    Free Member

Its a ML7/5 Frame – should be the same as an ML7. Can anyone recommend a decent headset for it?

BigJohn

Tim at Sideways Cycles in Alsager should be able to help.

WoodyCannondale
    Free Member

Ta – ill give Tim a buzz as I’m about due a rear shock service anyway.

wwaswas

don’t be surprised if he doesn’t answer – I think he’s off on his hols.

sillyoldman

Cane Creek do the 110 in that size. Probably the nicest available to fit.

WoodyCannondale
    Free Member

The warranty on the 110 is pretty impressive so I think I have a winner – cheers for the help all.

tollah
    Free Member

Last time I looked into this the Chris King don’t do one to fit the Maverick.
    Iirc Cane Creek and FSA do the Campag fit headsets. There’s 2 types of integrated, standard and campag fit, Maverick use the 45°x45° Campag.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Chris King Headset & Maverick Frame Compatibility?’ is closed to new replies.