Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Chris King Grease Gun with GXP adapter instructions
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

has anyone got a dummies guide to re-greasing the chris king BB with gxp adapters?

got the tool and some grease and im good to go other than knowing exactly what to do, believe the gxp adapters need to be removed?? or so I thought anyways

not done it before but its in need of doing

any help appreciated

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

bump

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

surely somebody must be running a xx1/sram gxp chainset with a CK BB?!

sam_underhill

I haven’t used mine with GXP, but the tool fits snuggly inside inner race. With a GXP converter, I can only assume this effectively makes this a smaller diameter, so they would need to be removed to regrease.

I’m done with CK BBs to be honest. Sure you can re-grease it, but the seal inevitability pops out so you have to fiddle about getting it back in (hoping the bearings haven’t fallen out as well.) I’m now favouring hope BBs. Just pop a new bearing in when it feels like it needs one. Honestly, I find this easier then faffing about regreasing the CK.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

thanks sam, hmmm hopefully the gxp adapter comes out easily

I had a hope one before (lasted donkeys) but got the ck brand new much cheaper than even a hope stainless one, so it was a no brainer

its a year old almost now, and only been greased once, I bought the tool hoping it would be an easy job

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ok for any one else in the future, the fact its gxp makes no difference to the grease gun what so ever

just remove the black spindle caps as per a normal ht2 bb etc, push the tool in listen to it pop (where the seal goes into the groove inside) then keep pressure on the injector tool in the bb whilst turning it slowly around, and of course jetting the goo in from the grease gun

adsh
    Free Member

Just did mine but I take the seals off first and replace after

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

what seals adsh? you mean the black ones or do you take more off?

cant see any benefit over just removing the black caps, unless I missed something?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Chris King Grease Gun with GXP adapter instructions’ is closed to new replies.