• This topic has 12 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nikk.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Chris King BB to replace Sram GXP bb?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

any problems? assume you can fit a CK bb to sram xx1/x01 cranks no problem? just want to check really and see if anyones had any issues etc

cheers

sam_underhill

I think you need the CK gxp adapters, which are not the same as the hope gxp adapters.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers sam, i cant see them as a seperate buy anywhere though? do they not come with the BB itself/

sam_underhill

The last CK BB I bought didn’t come with any GXP adapters (although I didn’t need any as it was for an HTII crankset).

I assume if you buy the GXP version then they come with them, but that’s no help if you’ve already for the BB I suppose.

teasel
    Free Member

I assume if you buy the GXP version then they come with them

They do.

Haven’t fitted mine so can’t comment on issues etc.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ok cheers, so it comes with everything then, thats good to know

now onto performance, ive just watched the grease gun video on youtube(extremely bored!) and it looks pretty genius tbh, i take it the bearings very rarely fail in this bb with it having a 5yr warranty too

would love to know of any issues with gxp fitting too

dirtyrider
    Free Member

both my XX1 chainsets are on CK BBs, both came with all the bits one from Winstanleys, the other Wiggle i think?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers dirtyrider, how is it performing then? i remember from your xx1 post you dont really look after your bike (or didnt clean it much from xx1 pics), so you sound like you do some riding/miles etc how you fiding it after 1000 plus miles or so

dirtyrider
    Free Member

ah, they replaced the dead SRAM ceramic ones, one replaced in January, the other later on, only done 100 miles on the Krampus since, but maybe done 500 miles on the Tallboy, still spinning like new and its been through some crappy conditions, not got the grease gun so its on original grease

BadlyWiredDog

It’s worth making the effort to lube them regularly or the top-hats tend to get stuck and then take the bearing inner race out with them, which is untidy…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

when you use the grease gun tool it is very easy to push the rubber seal through/off, which is annoying. Go slowly and you can avoid this happening.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers folks, nice to know they do run well (as expected at the price i guess!) was more concerned about the fitment with xx1 so thats also good news too

will probably get the grease gun in time, the video makes it look a nice easy job

nikk
    Free Member

I am running a CK BB and XX1 cranks.

IIRC I had to get the adapter bits as a separate thing… a few washers and a ring.

Been using it for about 9 months now. Through the winter. Through the Strathpuffer. Through months of 200 mile a week training. Through the Cairngorms Loop last weekend 185 miles. It has been fine through all of that, I do get an occasional creak, but I’m not sure it is the BB, and in any case nothing bad happens. I do use the grease tool on them, maybe once every 2 or 3 months.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Chris King BB to replace Sram GXP bb?’ is closed to new replies.