Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Chris King – 15mm SD vs 15mm LD hubs – visual differences?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Wanting to buy the wheelset in the classifieds, but need to know if I can convert them to 20mm up front, for this to work the hub needs to be the LD version… seller is unsure as to which it is, so hoping the STW collective might be able to help?

Looking at the CK website, it seems the LD weighs an extra 30gms and the hub itself seems to be fatter? Does anyone have a LD hub they can measure the diameter of?

Here are a couple of pics to assist:

Talkemada
    Free Member

I knew a girl with a bedspread like that once….

pate
    Free Member

that one should be the LD one. Look at the Chris King website. there is difference between the orange hub sd and blue ld hub. the six bolt rotor spider on the ld hub – holes for bolts are not going through and the spoke flange is very close to the spider. Hope it makes sense. To be 100% sure I would ask him to take the second close up picture from a slight angle so you see the side of the rotor spider. P

psychle
    Free Member

Ah yes, now I see the clear visual difference re. the 6-bolt spider. Seller has confirmed it looks like the blue hub, so happy days for me 🙂

I knew a girl with a bedspread like that once….

useful contribution guv'ner 🙄 😉

Talkemada
    Free Member

Sorry. 😳

bally796
    Free Member

Could they be converted to QR 9MM

pate
    Free Member

SD hub QR or 15 mm
    LD Hub 15 or 20 mm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Chris King – 15mm SD vs 15mm LD hubs – visual differences?’ is closed to new replies.