Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 220 total)
  • Chris Evans to lead Top Gear line-up
  • awh
    Free Member

Discuss………………………

BBC Link

JulianA
    Free Member

Well there’s a surprise – methought he did protest too much that he wasn’t going to do it!

iolo
    Free Member

Replacing one arsehole with another. Well done BBC.

awh
    Free Member
    barkm
    Free Member

virtually confirmed it on tfi, not really a surprise.
    May work, depends who the others are.

Harry_the_Spider

What are the odds on Jason Plato joining him?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

good

the old format was unbelievably stale and achingly scripted/cringeworthy (not in a good way)

awh
    Free Member

I thought Plato was one of the drivers they use for the Stig already!

Harry_the_Spider

I thought Plato was one of the drivers they use for the Stig already!

Then he already knows where the studio is.

chewkw
    Free Member

The rich getting richer …

There are so many people in UK and the BBC have to choose this bloke.

Those at BBC are really bunch of jobworth a-hole zomebie maggots.

No wonder we are screwed.

Nope. I can happily not watch him as he has annoying voice and he is not funny.

🙄

Candodavid
    Free Member

Knows his cars though, give him a chance if its still just big boys n toys i’ll turn it off

craig5

What a load of toss. They killed it

pondo
    Free Member

Flippin brilliant – funny, smart, full of new ideas. My day has been made. 😀

hora
    Free Member

Hes passed his best and he was terrible on the car bit in tfi.

Jesus the BBC management dont have a clue. They should have shelved it for a year.

TP
    Free Member

It was definitely time for a change, it had become stale with only a fraction of the episodes hitting its old heights. Hopefully this is the right change.

just5minutes
    Free Member

Awesome. He’s got a net worth in excess of £100m, owns a car worth £12m, gets paid close to £3/4m a year or £1000 an HOUR for radio 2, and has now picked up another £mm contract paid for by the license tax fee.

We’re absolute mugs and the BBC is far to quick to throw money at already grossly overpaid “talent”.

MSP

full of new ideas

Well that is to be seen. I think he can freshen up the banter and bring it up to date, but the show will still need something more and new if it is to survive beyond a couple of seasons.

hora
    Free Member

Yes it was overdue a change but not him. Jesus.

I said there was an ulterior motive for the TFi special. ‘To remind people’ that he once did more than radio.

legend
    Free Member

throwing money at something that has the potential to continue to rake in much more money sounds pretty sensible to me.

I’m assuming they’ll be changing the format, so will definitely tune in to see how it goes

woodster

Chris Evans is a tedious bore seemingly always peddling his posh follies on the radio.

I wanted Guy Martin.

legend
    Free Member

Selling Guy Martin across the globe would require some serious sub-title skillz!

chewkw
    Free Member

They should change the name too while they are at it …

If they mention Top Gear I expect to see the original 3 blokes.

Not someone who has millions and huge collection of cars …

😡

hora
    Free Member

You’d need a intepretator for Guy though (or subtitles)

chewkw
    Free Member

hora – Member

You’d need a intepretator for Guy though (or subtitles)

He needs to speak English first coz the interpreter cannot even start to interpret unless he speak English … 😆

legend
    Free Member

Bit harsh on Angela Rippon that comment

just5minutes
    Free Member

“throwing money at something that has the potential to continue to rake in much more money sounds pretty sensible to me.”

Yes but that’s not the point of the BBC is it? If they want to make commercial programming they should raise their own finance and not rely on a mandatory tax on the public for working capital.

DezB
    Free Member

iolo – Member
    Replacing one arsehole with another…

Agreed. Though I think I actually find Chris Evans more irritating

..Well done BBC

I think they have done well with their choice, Evans will appeal to pretty much the same audience.

legend
    Free Member

Yes but that’s not the point of the BBC is it? If they want to make commercial programming they should raise their own finance and not rely on a mandatory tax on the public

Works for me. We give them money, they make shows, they sell shows, they make more money, they make more shows……

barkm
    Free Member

Suzi Perry and Jason Plato for the others, possibly, maybe, reading between the TFI lines.
    There will definitely be a woman in the line-up, and Perry has the credentials.

chewkw
    Free Member

legend – Member

Bit harsh on Angela Rippon that comment [/quote]

She was on for two seasons so does not count.

However, even Angela Rippon is better than that Evans bloke.

I would watch Angela for a laugh but not that Evans bloke coz he is Not funny.

😡

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I wanted Guy Martin.

Having Guy Martin calling all southerners poofters would be a welcome change from Clarckson denigrating everyone who isn’t him.

MSP

and Perry has the credentials moustache.

She is an awful presenter.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Grumble grumble grumble. Grumble… Grumble, Grumble !!

Grumble

dirtyrider
    Free Member

you mean the 3 blokes who left right?

legend
    Free Member

I figured that the “credentials” mentioned were that she’s female

chewkw
    Free Member

dirtyrider – Member

you mean the 3 blokes who left right? [/quote]

They can but not that Evans bloke. I am totally, absolutely, entirely bias.

wrecker
    Free Member

Crikey the middle classes will be flocking to watch the new one.
    It doesn’t matter, the other lot will be along shortly to steal all the old viewers.

deadkenny
    Free Member

He was always the replacement for Clarkson. That doesn’t mean it’ll be any good, but if they want to keep the show a farce then he’s the man.

I miss the days when it was actually about reviewing cars, but then that was a dull show by comparison. What it became was just idiocy.

barkm
    Free Member

Agreed, but a F1, Moto GP and Gadget Show experience makes her an almost perfect candidate as they’re all vaguely the same audiences as Top Gear. Plus she’s a she.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Wasted opportunity on boarding Evans IMO. Whilst he’ll take his R2 listeners along, most of which know who he is and what he does, the other section of his audience listen to him because local radio is tosh and the commercial radio stations are just plainly wrong. They’ll either flock like pigeons around a bag of chips or get frightened off by his “inane” grin.

Format change or not, Top Gear it won’t be. A pale imitation ? Dunno about that. A new format constructed around the BBC’s current craze for recording everything on an iPhone, undoubtedly.

Thing that I will not like, and sorry lads, but there will be too many Northern Accents. It’ll be the same as BBC News does now, they walk out into Salford, grab a passer by and haul them in with some “human” story. In reality we can’t understand a word they say and really there should be subtitles.

I’ll watch the first two episodes and take it from there, 3 years though ? 3 whole years of chucking more of our License Fee into Evans already huge Bank Account ?

It’s seriously about time either WE took over the BBC or it generates it’s own income.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 220 total)

The topic ‘Chris Evans to lead Top Gear line-up’ is closed to new replies.