Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chris Carmicheal Leadville Nutrition
  • nonk
    Free Member

didnt think there would be any snickers bars in there but hey what would i know.

mtbrDot
    Free Member

I can't drink that much! Can't even think how they can drink so much, I'd piss myself out. I can't eat snickers either. Tried a couple of times, they're too heavy for my stomach, too much fat/oil.

Ice tea and musli with yogurt. That's my food for marathons.

nonk
    Free Member

i sometimes think folks get caught up in the science of it rather than the reality of digestive ability.
    mind you he got lance round a few races apparently. 😐

njee20
    Free Member

Surely suggesting thing like Snickers is all about digestive ability rather than science? There must be better things on paper. I ate a few Snickers in the 12hr solo at 24/12, they weren't bad, but Jaffa Cakes and mini-muffins where much easier to eat!

uplink
    Free Member

I'd need something savoury at some point in that list

MS
    Free Member

To much energy food/drink turns your stomach in knots. The snickers give alot of calories / energy and tastes good!

You got to eat normal food in long events otherwise you start not eating due to the energy stuff tasting bad after a while!

Thats my opinion anyway!

aP
    Free Member

In the US there is a Snickers energy bar so he's probably not writing about what we would properly call a Marathon.

nonk
    Free Member

s pose so njee you do get to that point in a long event when you can murder anything sweet like that.
    didnt know that aP your probably right.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chris Carmicheal Leadville Nutrition’ is closed to new replies.