Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Chose the wrong bike this am…. CX
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I have been loving getting out on the CX bike recently and with a good frosty night was looking forward to a mud free ride.

Decided on the CX as its been great on the mud of late.

Wish I hadn’t! Sliding on frosty roads, getting bumped all over on the frozen moorland and ruts were a nightmare. Lesson learned, MTB is great fun on frozen ground, CX not so much. Still saw a great sunrise and still nice to have a clean bike when getting back home !

geoffj

Lovely – where us it?

toys19
    Free Member

your username has me thinking dunkery beacon, but you realise that you are not allowed to post about CX bikes don’t you?

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Top of Baildon Moor? If so, am just about to take the dog up there now 😆

Simon

Looks like Baildon moor to me too, beginning to wish I’d dragged myself out of bed for an early ride.

Dyffers
    Free Member

Conversely I took the MTB out this morning thinking the trails would be frozen…it went from -1°C crispy and fast to +6°C mudbath in the first hour. So FunkyDunc stop complaining!

What tyres for inch-deep wet clay? Not Ikons 😀

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Correct Baildon Moor. No one else about either which was nice.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Conversely I ride my one (same as yours) to Llandegla and back yesterday, I was rather surprised how nice it felt on the road

aP
    Free Member

Took our mtb tandem out this morning, for one of the hardest 50 miles I’ve done for a long time. Started off quite crispy under wheel, ended up with 4″+ deep mud – we even had to pedal down a 1:5 hill.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Exactly the same mistake here. Just back from a trip round the pentlands. the trails were interesting to say the least, especially the maidens descent which was rutted, icy, and generally fairly lethal on a cx bike..

Northwind

I really liked mine on frozen ground,it doesn’t exactly work but then is that not the whole point of a cx bike? Just takes it to its illogical conclusion 😉

oliverracing

I made the same decision this morning – but only based on the fact that I rode the MTB yesterday! – not to bad in leicestershire/nottinghamshire, although I did end up hitting the ground very hard at one point when I hit an icy rock too fast! 😳

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Chose the wrong bike this am…. CX’ is closed to new replies.