Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • chose between fire eye bloodshot, commencal meta ht sx, dartmoor hornet? for AM
  • zalox32
    Free Member

that’s my answer, i want a hardtail frame that i can pedal, put a 150-160mm fork and can ride with confidence
    the bloodshot is the cheaper, maybe y can buy the frame and new fork with that, i actually have a suntour duro dj-d 130mm fork

i can’t decide what buy, fire eye, commencal, dartmoor, i know exist more frames, but where i live i can’t find others :/ only ns surge but it’s out of stock to next year :/

thanks for opinions
    PD: i don’t care so much about weight

tymbian
    Free Member

Have a look also for the Cotic Bfe, fantastic.. hooligan of a frame..can normally be found second hand in the classifieds..

zalox32
    Free Member

i know there is a lot of good frames out there, but where i live, i just can find that, and santa cruz chameleon but that is very expensive xD

kayak23

I’ve not got any personal experience with any of those frames but they all look great and i think you’d do well with any of them.
    The Dartmoor is cheap…but not a fan of the chunky seat stay bracing and square seat stay tubes. Pinkbike seem to like it a lot though.

Fireeye have never really taken off in the UK, and are probably seen as more of a budget CRC brand, which is a shame. I’ve seen lots of them about in other European countries and they look pretty good. If the price is good on it i think it’d be a good choice.

I used to have a Commencal Absolut and the build quality of the frame was really good. That Meta ht sx is fantastic looking I reckon. If it were me, I’d get the Commie.

I think you should go for the one you like the look of the most as they all seem spot on.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cc2d5rDFpcQ[/video]

[video]http://vimeo.com/m/91312863[/video]

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aVvWta_jQhY[/video]

kimbers

Lots of love for the Bird Zero on here

Great prices available

kayak23

Lots of love for the Bird Zero on here

Lots of people who don’t read the op too… 😉

Out of interest op, how does where you live mean you only have a choice of three frames?

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

I can recommend the Hornet. Such a good frame to ride. Bear in mind that it’s really stiff, so you have to decide whether you want more comfort for longer rides. However, it does mean that it feels pretty indestructible in the rough stuff, and it accelerates and corners really well.

I’m riding it with a 150mm fork and it feels awesome descending and on fun flat bits, but still climbs without feeling like you’re going to go off the back.

endurogangster
    Free Member

The bloodshot is only supposed to run 100mm-130mm fork, I have one as a little 4x/jump/mess around bike with 100mm forks on it.

As above from previous experience both the chameleon and the bfe are great bukes that will do everything you want. Or if you want cheap and cheerful the on one 456, I have the 456 ti evo and its a great bike.

benpinnick

Thanks kimbers for the mention. Bird zero will run 150mm forks (under warranty). We have bundles for forks/headsets/axles too. Don’t know where you live of course but we ship to the Eu right now.

zalox32
    Free Member

i want a frame that i feel confident, capable for long rides and capable for a 160mm fork for comfort on descents. that i can use for all-rounder, becausa i can’t afford a dh bike and a xc xD

i live in south america, Chile, here it’s hard to found to many brands, and you can’t get every product of the brand. I can find specialized, kona, giant, trek, scott, and now find, lapierre, corratec, marin, cube, ns bikes, commencal, and a little shop sells dartmoor. but mainly entire bikes, not frames alone, and some shops are expensive
    and just one shop have fire eye and they don’t have all frames

i can’t find ragley, on one, surly, orange, cotic, etc

thanks for your answers 🙂 in prices the frames are for me: bloodshot=100, meta ht sx=260-270, hornet=240, chameleon=350
    and to that i need to add, seat post, sadle, headset, etc

zalox32
    Free Member

benpinnick, that bike looks interesting =D but i want something that take 26 wheels, y can’t afford a wheels change :/

tymbian
    Free Member

Fireeye make a frame that takes a 160mm fork cause a year or so ago I was going to give one a go but crc ran out if stock and Fireeye weren’t shipping to the UK.

Ended up with a Bfe but would of had the Fireye. Dartmoor I think will be a v. Stiff ride.
    +1 for the commencal.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘chose between fire eye bloodshot, commencal meta ht sx, dartmoor hornet? for AM’ is closed to new replies.