Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Chorizo 'skin'. Edible?
  • user-removed
    Free Member

I generally take the papery skin off chorizo – if I don’t, it gets stuck between my teeth. The skin on the last few has been almost impossible to peel off though. Just eat it? High end first world problem…

Wrong forum to boot.

M6TTF
    Free Member

just eat it, its fine

the-muffin-man

We eat it

weeksy

strip it off.

ton

it melts down in cooking. so eat it.

sandwicheater

It has a skin!!! It hasn’t hung around long enough for me to have noticed.

devash
    Free Member

Mrs Devash is Spanish and she insists that you can eat it, providing it doesn’t have any blue mould on it.

I usually take it off though, as it gets stuck in my teeth.

smatkins1
    Free Member

The typical ones you pick up in UK supermarkets I never bother trying to remove the skin.

A German relative of the misses has just sent a box of stuff over for Christmas including some big German dried sausages. Removing the skin is a must with these bad boys!

tomhoward

Depends how hungry I am.

mogrim

Won’t do you any harm but you usually peel it off. It’s just a bit of pig intestine.

user-removed
    Free Member

Thanks all. Will continue to remove it whenever possible. I often just sit with a beer and a knife and scoff it, so it’s not always cooked.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How many do you have? One or two? Three? More?

brakes
    Free Member

not sure why people eat it ‘raw’ – tastes much much better after it’s been baked

user-removed
    Free Member

CFH – I have one every time I buy one.
    brakes – there are two kinds – one which needs cooked and one which is edible straight out of the packet. And yes, both taste better fried but I am not a patient man.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*whoosh*

coogan
    Free Member

I peel it off. Someone once told me if you are struggling to get it to come off, peel in the opposite direction and then does it. Tried it and it did indeed work!

mrchrispy

warm is slightly by rolling it in your hands

bigyinn
    Free Member

Nice Billy & Johnny reference there CFH.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

It can’t be any worse for you than the rest of what’s in Chorizo – although I have heard eating too much of it can give you a speech impediment.

atlaz
    Free Member

Depends on the particular kind. some of it is basically plastic so is a bit nasty

user-removed
    Free Member

Whoosh is it? Well ta for that. Too uninterested to Google, just interested enough to post again.

nach
    Free Member

I wondered this last year and found out the cheapest chorizo, apparently, has plastic skin. More expensive ones, it’s edible.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is this thread for real?

Yeah they put stuff you can’t eat in food.

Stoner
    Free Member

You can eat lightbulbs Al. They put stuff in food you shouldnt eat though 🙂

northernmatt

Is this thread for real?

Yeah they put stuff you can’t eat in food.

You mean Marmite?

carlosg
    Free Member

Made chorizo chowder for tea tonight , I peeled the skin!

johnners
    Free Member

It’s paper. Go ahead and eat paper if you want to. I peel it off.

jimjam
    Free Member

I’ve been eating it for years. That’s maybe what’s wrong with me.

user-removed
    Free Member

Al, after accidentally cooking a pizza with the polystyrene base still attached some years ago, I no longer make any assumptions when it comes to processed food. I scraped off the topping and had it on toast if you’re wondering…

Philby

Al, after accidentally cooking a pizza with the polystyrene base still attached some years ago, I no longer make any assumptions when it comes to processed food. I scraped off the topping and had it on toast if you’re wondering…

PMSL – Ovaltine ejected from mouth!

TrekEX8
    Free Member

CFH, I think I share your childish humour. I think less than five….

passtherizla
    Free Member

haha… er yeah, what skin? *wanders off for breakfast chorizo

jimjam
    Free Member

When people refer to cooking Chorzo I presume they are are refering to he raw cooking chorizo as opposed to the dried stuff? Anytime I’ve tried heating it it just turns into a hard greasy mess. not nice at all.

Cougar

*whoosh*

That’s an argument for at least rolling it back before sticking the sausage in your mouth.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Chorizo 'skin'. Edible?’ is closed to new replies.