Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Chorizo?
  • carbon337
    Free Member

How are you meant to peel the blasted things? Is there a secret as it just seems to tear as you peel it.

GJP
    Free Member

I didn't think you were supposed to peel it – I never do. Just eat it or fry it?

marsdenman
    Free Member

slice cover along length of said comestible, as far along as the portion you're gonna cut.
    Peel back, trim off, slice, enjoy…. 😀

edit – presume you're talking about the 'plasticky' covering that some seem to come in….

carbon337
    Free Member

Did that but its a right pain to remove the paper stuff. Tastes nice tough, especially on a homemade pizza with chilli flakes and cherry toms.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Don't bother. If it's really unchewable then just mash up the rest in your mouth and spit it onto the floor (well, that's what they'd do here)

stumpyjon

I just bought a kilo of Chorizo from the German markets in Manchester. Yum Yum, slice it thinly and the skin is edible.

donsimon
    Free Member

stumpyjon – Member

I just bought a kilo of Chorizo from the German markets in Manchester. Yum Yum, slice it thinly and the skin is edible.

Spanish product from a German market in an English city??? No wonder I'm confused. 😐 ❓

jahwomble
    Free Member

I got some of that there the other day as well, I stock up every year.

you don't peel it by the way.

aviemoron
    Free Member

Microwave it thinly sliced til it's slightly crispy serve with sweet melon balls. Salvating.

ex-pat
    Free Member

Fry with some olive oil (don't be shy with the oil) tip the lot out into a bowl, get some crusty bread, dip in oil add a cooked slice… enjoy. Did this a couple of weeks ago, was heaven.

Take 2, slice up and put into one of those sundried tomatoe pasta bakes. Seriously tasty.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Chorizo?’ is closed to new replies.