• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Chopper down in North Sea
  • Swiftacular
    Free Member

Dont you hate this kind of thing 2 days before youre due to fly back to the beach….

NZCol

I’m still haunted by my offshore survival test at RGIT 15 years down the line !!

druidh
    Free Member

And everyone recovered….

Lanesra
    Free Member

Can I post a picture of the titanic

A map of Hitler’s attack on Poland

Or link you to the same thread three below this shit effort. OR DO YOU NEED THE FORUM GLORY, if so lets post on this one. Personally I think it’s a disgrace

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Lanesra, have i struck a nerve? My heart goes out to all the people involved in this incident, and im well aware of the implications,and shocked and delighted that everyone got off safely.

This was a light hearted attempt to cover genuine trepidation over this incident. I work in this industry, and have been involved in incidents but never as serious as this one. I am a very nervous flyer as it happens, as you may guess from the first post.

However, is this not the point of forums, for discussion? Thank god you don’t police the internet is all i can say. Forum Glory? My arse!
    You could say everyone that posts a thread, or a new bike is after forum glory, or are they just using a forum for its intended purpose.

gonefishin
    Free Member

I think I might be the author of the “other” thread and all I can say swiftacular, as someone else in the industry although not offshore, is have a good flight and enjoy your leave. I’ve been sitting here in Aberdeen listening to the choppers land at ARI, probably from this incident, and I’m glad that they are only landing some guys with injuries and nothing more serious.

99percentchimp
    Free Member

Wow – had a fraught evening trying to confirm one of our guys wasn’t on it – he went out with Bond today so a bit of a scare – does bring it home to you when they bounce off the deck on a windy day.
    My thoughts were with the families who must have had a pretty rough few hours of emotional roller coastering.
    Good on the rescue crews too – pretty slick if they were recoverd that quick.
    I’ll be checking the inside of the suit I get issued next time through Bond for stains!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Our arsenal friend seems to have more problems than just football.

NZCol

3 posts down for me was something entirely not to do with a helicopter falling into the sea so i dunn wtf he was on about.
    But yes, seem to be very lucky, them helicopters don;t glide very well do they ?

Lanesra
    Free Member

Are we all ok now, I heard there was a car crash today. I’m due to get in a car in two-days, what do I do???!!!

colnagokid

Turn your computer off and go and hide in the woods?

Lanesra
    Free Member

How is it a fraught evening? Everyone got of safely.

You’ll all be lighting a candle for Jade Goody next.

tails
    Free Member

snigle??

Lanesra
    Free Member

Apart from the nights I’m with your Mum, yes

tails
    Free Member

mwah, night 😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Arsenal; chill out, man, FFS! Where’s this coming from??

Come and ride with RudeBoy this weekend, and relax…

smogmonster

Yep, ive got a 2 1/2 hour flight on a Super Puma today. Everyone watched the safety video a little bit closer at check in this morning…..

At least we know that it does actually float…

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

those Pumas need to be more like Reebok Pump, with the inflatable bit in them. 😉

DrJ

I’m still haunted by my offshore survival test at RGIT 15 years down the line !!

I flew before that was compulsory (a bit stupid, maybe) and it’s why I’m NEVER flying again 🙁 (scaredy-cat? yes, I am)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Chopper down in North Sea’ is closed to new replies.