Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Choosing rotOrs
  • mtb1992
    Free Member

Hi need some advice what rotors are people using. I wanted to get hope blue rotors but im running avid brakes and a phew people have advised me not to as the rivet on the hope disc can catch on the avid calliper.
    What do other people use

Thanks

Tom

chrisdw
    Free Member

Shimano are the best I’ve used.

MSP

I also prefer shimano rotors. But you have to be careful with avid brakes they do some funny sizes ie 185 that don’t match up with anyone else.

xcstu
    Free Member

Running some new kcnc rotors and they are excellent! Have a narrow body and floating

matt_outandabout

The £2.59 Avid ones on ebay.

mtb1992
    Free Member

Ill be running 180 front and back. I may look at shimano ones. Thanks guys

nedrapier

They’re cheapest on CRC,I think. Or I missed a trick last week. Ashima airotor are lighter, but braking’s not as good, they’re a bit vibey, more expensive, and more delicate.

Heard good things about the KCNC ones though. Went Shimano this time round despite that. More expensive and more delicate, even if the braking’s good and unvibey.

Avid HS1 are worth a look too.

nedrapier

HS1 are available cheap on On-One, in exciting, new 170mm flavour!

All of the benefits of the larger diameter, with none of the drawbacks! Brings your wheels alive!

otsdr
    Free Member

Careful, those HS1s are 650b-specific.

Kryton57

Quaxar floating rotors on XC racer – you can buy them with a blue spider.

unovolo
    Free Member

Again using a set of HS1’s from ebay with no issues, at the end of the day there only a bit of stamped stainless steel.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Choosing rotOrs’ is closed to new replies.