I’m a bit out of the TV technology loop having sold the last one I had (small Grundig CRT) for £15 five years ago.
With the coming together of some long term work on the house I am going to buy another one. It will be 32” size as the room is small.
- Does not look awful when turned off (will be in a very fuss free room)
- Picture looks good when turned on
- Sound not critical as it will be plugged into a stereo (but needs to have either optical input or phono plugs to do this)
- Smart features not that critical as I have a computer and all the TV functions (pause, record, catch up) will be done by the Tivo box I have just got
- Not interested in 3D
- Budget not critical but <£500
- For just general TV watching, a bit of everything. I am not a sports or films obsessive but I do watch them.
The contenders seem to be:
Panasonic (The TXL32E6B seems to be the outgoing model)
A Samsung (there seem to be several and I am struggling to understand the exact differences, this UE32H6400 looks like the top end of the 32” ones)
Sony (the KDL32W7 seems like the option here)
Opinion, real world experience and any other options welcomed.