Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Chocolate 'tree' disappointment
  • Woody
    Free Member

GF bought me a Thorntons chocolate tree for Christmas and I finally tried it today (been at work last 4 days) and it is bloody horrible. Tastes like cheap kiddies stuff. I now have indigestion and have the problem of disposing of it ‘gratefully’! Eating it is not an option as the bloody thing is a foot high with thick moulded chocolate.

‘Getting shot’ suggestions welcome (not too messy as I’ve already thought of accidentally leaving it by the cooker/radiator to destruct naturally) FYI GF bought it as she doesn’t like Thorntons so wouldn’t be tempted to nibble!

The offending item

Bleeuurgh 😐

brooess
    Free Member

Possibly the best First World Problem ever 🙂
    <Sorry, I have nothing constructive to say which might help!>

Drac

Thornton’s is not great chocolate, take it into work it’ll gone before you leave the room.

tiggs121
    Free Member

looks more like a buttplug to me……wait a minute?

Woody
    Free Member

Not in again for 7 days 😆

ps. good luck being back to work, every asshole in the north east appears to be making a special effort to stop us getting bored!

Woody
    Free Member

tiggs121

It’s a foot high and 6″ in diameter 😯

wrightyson
    Free Member

My sisters chocolate company blows all the big competition away. Called the candy affair, think she’s on Facebook.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Speaking of chocolate disappointment… Got a giant walnut whip for Christmas

Imagine my disappointment when I found that it is not a giant walnut whip, but in fact this:

Drac

I bet Woody, I actually don’t mind working New Years Weekend though.

I’ve had a few giant walnut whips over Xmas. Too much rich food.

piemonster

Thorntons, successfully convincing people there chocs aint crap since 1911

Bunnyhop

I would melt it down (a chunck at a time) and ice cakes with it, then decorate the top with something of a better quality.

Blimy thats’ the biggest walnut whip I’ve ever seen.

ThePinkster

piemonster – Member
    Thorntons, successfully convincing people there chocs aint crap since 1911

Their Special Toffee is pretty good though. 🙂

itstig

Get shot…… out in the garden, you with an air rifle it’ll be good target practice (though a thoroughly chavvy thing to do)

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be about those chocolate trees i see along the path when out riding. Those lovely looking trees with the chocs all bundled up in those little bags. Reckon i’ll not bother packing sarnies next time and just fill up on those chocolates next time i need an energy boost.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Chocolate 'tree' disappointment’ is closed to new replies.