Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Chocolate fast for lent ends in controversy…
  • takisawa2

Mrs takisawa…”What are you giving up for Lent then darling”
    Mr takisawa….”Chocolate”
    Mrs takisawa…”Good on you”

Well, I’d like to announce the failure of my chocolate fasting. It ended, shrouded in controversy, at 12:26 this afternoon; following the consumption of a packet of Walkers Chocolate & Chilli crisps.

Followed some 5 minutes later with the consumption of a penguin.
    (The chocolate bar that is, not the flightless bird)

Anyone else given up something for Lent ?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Shame I was about to say surely there isn’t any “real” chocolate in those Walkers crisps and it doesn’t count!! Then I carried on reading and saw the bit abotu the Penguin!

I don’t bother with Lent as I know I’ll fail!!! Easier that way and don’t disappoint anyone!!

aracer
    Free Member

Yeah – as of right now I’ve also officially given up chocolate for lent. Not sure how long I’ll last, but I managed better than you!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickc

What did you think of the crisps? We had a test of all of them the other evening, and the chocolate and chilli ones were a bit weird, don’t you think?

Upandrunning
    Free Member

Dieting… 40 days of eating as much as I can. Except for Sundays of coarse. when I’ll go back on the leaves

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yup.
    self denial 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Excreted Battery Acid, more like. A boring lunatic with halitosis explains the smell of charred wood to your tastebuds. It’s vaguely like the smell you get when you bleed a radiator, but sharper, more disgusting, and worryingly “human”. They should’ve called it “Dirty Protest” instead.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/feb/16/walkers-crisps-new-flavours-brooker

bruneep

Lent?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh I gave up religion.

miketually
    Free Member

I might not eat any more pancakes during Lent, after eating eight last night.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Lent? WTF has that got to do with modern life?

Spongebob
    Free Member

I heard that a few Turks gave up flying, but they’re probably not Christians.

nickc

They taste precisely like a tiny cat piping hot farts through a pot-pourri pouch into your mouth.

How would he know, d’you think…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’ve given up giving things up.

Hmm, now I think about it, is that possible ❓

johnny63

trying

ton

i have or am trying to stop eating meat.
    i am the biggest carnivore i knew, seriously.
    but of late i fine i am having trouble on the loo because of this, so i am gonna try and stop eating meat.
    hopefully it will have some benificial side effects to my health too. 😀

MrAgreeable

Someone bought all the flavours yesterday apart from squirrel and made us try them. Predictably enough they were all horrible. Charlie Brooker’s descriptions in that article are spot on and made me laugh lots.

MrAgreeable

hopefully it will have some benificial side effects to my health too

I would hope so too. You don’t want to leave this world in the same way as Elvis…

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Ive given up waiting for you to fill that bloody CAR in PT….. 😆

ourmaninthenorth

Work. I’ve had to do too much of it lately and frankly, I’ve had enough.

Do you think they’ll wear it in the office?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

waves at the god botherer’s who are giving stuff up because some guy got lost in the desert 2000 years ago.

Personaly i think he was just being irresponsible, his friends must have been worried sick, why are we trying to copy him?

bigsi
    Free Member

If you ask my other half what i have given up for lent she will tell you that its earning a living although i have pointed out to her that this happened about 6 months ago and where as i might not be bringing home a wage i still have to go to work 🙁

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Chocolate fast for lent ends in controversy…’ is closed to new replies.