• This topic has 19 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by lunge.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Chocolate consumption stategy
  • jfletch
    Free Member

It is a given that all of the chocolate I have received is going to be consumed. Based on this what is the best way to eat it to minimise the effect on my belly? I’m thinking there are two options

a) Little bit each day to minimise the number of calories on any given day

b) A couple of big chocolate binges to get through it as quickly as possible

I’m currently going for option b) because I have no self control I figure that my body can only absorb so much sugar and fat in one go and anything over that is going to end up in the shitter, thus reducing the impact of the total amount of chocolate!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Why have you received a lot of chocolate?

nickdavies

B.
    But B only works if you don’t go to the shops the next day and buy a load of 99p reduced easter eggs and do B again…

DezB
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member
    Why have you received a lot of chocolate?

People buy it for you for Easter. Simple as that.

Gary_M
    Free Member

People buy it for you for Easter. Simple as that.

Grown ups by other grown ups chocolate?

beej

Grown ups by other grown ups chocolate?

No, grown-ups buy other grown-ups chocolate.

DezB
    Free Member

grown-ups buy other grown-ups chocolate.

I know! Mental isn’t it!? My son gave me a massive bar of Galaxy, that his mum bought for him to give me! I thought of telling him to stuff it, but I thought I’d stuff it instead.

choppersquad
    Free Member

I keep trying to eat so much of it in one go that I’m sick and never want to eat it again.
    It’s not worked yet.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

There must be an upper limit to how many calories you can consume in one day without absorbing it all? Therefore, option B.

Alternatively, if the above is wrong, and there is no upper limit, i’ll start eating all my meals for the week on Saturdays to free up time in the week.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I think my chocolate consumtion actually went down over easter.

jfletch
    Free Member

All this debate about why I have chocolate, but yes, grown-ups do buy other grown-ups chocolate. It’s a nice thing to do. I even got a chocolate egg with a football and my name on it from my mother in law.

But none of this deliberate missunderstanding is helping me reinforce or debunk my “it ends up in the shitter” theory behind binging on my childish endulgences.

joshvegas
    Free Member

when i was a small child i got a kilo of dairy milk in one huge bar. I ate the whole thing one square a day. To this day i don’t know how i did it as normally starting amd finishing chocolate are simultaneous!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Eating chocolate is like pissing, it should be done as and when the body demands it.

yunki
    Free Member

my five year old doesn’t like it… weird kid

core

I had 2 easter eggs this year, with the associated other chocolate in the boxes.

My strategy was to binge, ate one Sunday, and the other Monday, though I did feel a pig and threw 1/3 of the second one out. Theory being this week is the week I’m starting a new eating and exercise regime, and I’d rather get it out of the way, than have it hanging about tempting me.

I don’t know how it started, but I have to put the actual easter egg in the freezer, then eat it straight from there, when it’s really brittle, and generally with a mug of milk……….

A source of great disappointment to me is that the extra ‘stuff’ is never actually inside the egg anymore.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I ate a whole Vienetta last night, in two sittings. If it’s there I will not stop until it is gone. My only hope is not to buy the stuff in the first place.

First Vienetta since childhood. Have they got smaller? I think they’ve got smaller. Yeah, definitely got smaller.

mrjmt
    Free Member

A source of great disappointment to me is that the extra ‘stuff’ is never actually inside the egg anymore.

I’m pleased to report that my smarties easter egg from my mum had loose smarties rattling around inside it. Not even in a little bag!

slowjo
    Free Member

My wife thinks I’m strange… 😯

I always have a bar of chocolate in my desk drawer at work. It can take me two weeks or more to finish it – when I can be bothered to start it. She reckons it should be a case of open it and eat it all there and then.

On this premise, I therefore recommend option ‘A’.

I thought our bodies were hard wired to process as much fat as we can throw at it. Not sure about sugar. I guess this makes the ‘stuff it all in your mouth now’ option something less of a viable option.

But what do I know….I’m strange….apparently!

EDIT: Linky to science stuff

hooli

Eat until you are sick is the best solution.

The chocolate will be gone so you don’t have to worry about it anymore and you wont absorb the calories as they will be in the bog.

No need to thank me 😉

lunge

If it’s there I will not stop until it is gone. My only hope is not to buy the stuff in the first place.

This is me. I have zero willpower around food, none at all. I have got to make my work lunch at home and bring it with me, otherwise I go to Tesco’s and go mental. I also have to do the weekly shop on a very full stomach otherwise all kinds of crap gets bought.

And chocolate, just eat the lot and do it quickly, if not it’ll sit there staring at you. I have 1/2 an egg next to my desk, that will be gone in the next 30 minutes without any doubt at all.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Chocolate consumption stategy’ is closed to new replies.