Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Chocolate concrete and mint custard. Anyone remember it or know the recipe?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Used to have “chocolate concrete” at school with mint custard on but has anyone got the recipe.? I believe that you can’t buy mint custard but it has to be made.

Anyone.?

trout
    Free Member

I remember the chocolate concrete but we never had mint custard just normal lumpy custard

the chocolate would fragment went you tried to cut it with a spoon
    and throw custard covered shrapnel over everyone 😆

oliverd1981
    Free Member

the brown and mint colours were quite aestheically pleasing. Good flavour combination, textures worked great. Shame about the aforementioned propensity to shatter.

rOcKeTdOg

we had choc concrete and pink custard

Buzz21
    Free Member

I think it was chocolate shortcake cooked badly out of a packet. Do you mean somthing that looked like this Chocolate Shortcake

tim41
    Free Member

Aaahh school dinners puddings.
    We had chocolate concrete which was a shortbread type thing, but with normal custard.
    Also there was chocolate cracknel, a round thing made from corn flakes, known as ‘chocolate shrapnel’ as it used to explode when approached with a spoon. Happy days. 🙂

sturmey
    Free Member

I can’t remember it, possibly because I used to spend my dinner money on fags and dinner time smoking them. This is just another reason not to smoke, you miss out on school puddings.

jontydewolfe
    Free Member
    v8ninety

Wow, 20 year old memory’s reawakened! I used to love that stuff, even more so because it only used to come round occasionally…

jonnyrobertson

Loved that stuff…called chocolate igloos at our place as they were moulded in ice cream scoops…think we also had a coconut-y type thing with pink ‘custard’ as well, that was nice… thinking about it, school puddings were ace! 😀

Got me thinking now…as I’m one of them beardy, singlespeeding, mung bean munching weirdos, wonder if you could do the same to Alpro soya custard, or would that be tainting the memory?

rp16v
    Free Member

that stuff was great we spent a good few years hassling ppl trying to get recipies eventualy gave up but no wi just want it!!

edit— http://www.schoolrecipes.co.uk/

😀

CaptJon
    Free Member

PINK CUSTARD!!!! those two words have opened a door to lunch times past. Oh the memories…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Chocolate concrete and mint custard. Anyone remember it or know the recipe?’ is closed to new replies.