Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Chisworth / Charlesworth / Broadbottom trail question
  • nbt

Fairly specific question I realise, but STW is always good for answers. Is it easy enough to get down Far Woodseats Lane and over the bridge to Leyland Lane

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=398639&Y=393125&A=Y&Z=115&ax=398462&ay=392905

then carry on north on Leyland Lane up to Apple Lane?

Just trying to vary my riding a bit and that looks like it might be ok

pitduck
    Free Member

yes easy enough,up past well row,on to summer bottom(smell of gas for last 40 years)on to hodge lane past the dye vats,then left on leylands lane, expect to be hasseled by farmer,enjoy. 😀 martin

fatboyjon

Last time I tried that route (possibly 5 years ago), the bridge was scarily rotten with lots of timbers missing. We crossed it very carefully on foot but there was some clenching involved. Haven’t felt any desire to return.

pitduck
    Free Member

could of tried the bridge right next to that one 20 yards up river 😀

unovolo
    Free Member

the bridge was scarily rotten with lots of timbers missing.

I was on that bridge earlier in the week fro a breather, its even worse now, but as Pitduck says the the newer bridge is only twenty yards away.

Regards the Op’s original question I often do exactly the reverse route cycling up from Bothams Hall through the woods coming out at the farmers gate at the bottom of Far woodseats lane, never been hassled by the farmer yet.

nbt

We did it last night from the Bothams Hall side. Nice ride, tricky climb so might make for interesting descending on a cross bike

unovolo
    Free Member

Last time I was in the woods after the Bridge I found the long dead remains of a Sheep, took the jawbone home(it was already bereft of any flesh/tissue)and its currently hanging off my tool wall in the garage.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Chisworth / Charlesworth / Broadbottom trail question’ is closed to new replies.