Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • chips away
  • flebby
    Free Member

hi

has anyone used them before?

if so – what for, what were they like, was the repair to a high standard?

thanks

Tinners

I’ve used them twice. Very pleased with results both times. Most of the scratches were scratches to the topcoat varnish but I also had a deeper bumper scratch down to black plastic – all invisible after treating. My local guy didn’t do dents but called in his mate from Dentmaster to sort some minor dings (<2cm) and looked brand new afterwards. V impressed. I negotiated a price with him because he was doing several panels and it worked out vastly cheaper than bodyshop (and cheaper than advertised chipsaway prices). He came on a Saturday morning, set up an awning on the drive and was done within the hour. I’d use them again without hesitation. I’ve seen his van at a local dealership, so I presume they do a healthy trade prepping 2nd hand cars at dealerships too.
    PS I’m very fussy about the result too.

stumpy01

From what I have seem, the results are very dependent on the person you get (obvious, I guess).

Seen some ‘good as new’ ones and some ‘better than nothing’ ones…

TimS
    Free Member

I’ve used them for a bent wing and associated scratches. The repair is definitely ‘better than nothing’, but he was 1/4 the price that the cheapest bodyshop quoted.

tron
    Free Member

They run a franchise business model as far as I know, so you’re going to get variable quality.

There are lots of “smart repair” businesses about, just shop around for someone who can show you good work or is recommended.

flebby
    Free Member

thanks all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘chips away’ is closed to new replies.