Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Chinese lights for a numpty
  • bearnecessities

I’ve read so many of the threads on here, but like disc brake servicing, I’m generally baffled.

Please can someone just tell me what to buy for twenty quid, or whatever for something that throws out a decent beam for a pootler, before I do something stupid and buy a hope offering, which I cannot afford.

Thanks 🙂

Bregante

Solaratorm x2 and a battery from Torchy or Smudge. Probably about £50

like this
    and this

muggomagic

Nitefighter BT21 from gearbest is around £40 and far better than solarstorm in terms of build quality (I’ve had 2 solarstorm x2 lights) and the battery pack included is good quality too.

Mtbr review thread
    http://forums.mtbr.com/lights-night-riding/nitefighter-bt21-2x-xm-l2-nw-light-965949.html

Gearbest
    http://m.gearbest.com/headlights/pp_180344.html

Bregante

Forgot about that nitefighter.

Get that one 😀

isitafox
    Free Member

Cree XML jobby off eBay for under £20.

Simon

I’ve been using a BT21 from Gearbest for a few weeks now. It’s a great little light. It seems to be one of the better cheap Chinese lights.
    I left the battery on charge and forgot about it, it was plugged in all night and all the following day whilst I was at work and my house didn’t burn down…..

bearnecessities

Perfect, comes up at £43 posted. Thanks Si (&Russ!)

muggomagic

Id pay the £2.99 extra for the tracked delivery too.

bearnecessities

D’oh. Too late! Thanks too though for suggestion, sure it’ll be fine? 🙂

cookeaa

In a related hijack what’s about in the way of lights with integrated battery?

I Just got a couple of dirt cheap Q5 torches to extend my collection for winter road duties but for longer run times and offroad use I’ like something more than a single 18650 torch an am tired of managing cables and battery packs, But too tight to but an exposure…

MarkyG82

I got a 700lm smart light off Amazon for 30. Seems to do the job well as an addition to the Chinese specials and on its own for commuting.

nach
    Free Member

muggomagic – Member
    Nitefighter BT21 from gearbest is around £40 and far better than solarstorm in terms of build quality (I’ve had 2 solarstorm x2 lights) and the battery pack included is good quality too.

I’ve been using one of these too, and it’s good. Go for just the head unit and, as Bregante says, buy a decent battery separately.

Bear in mind the driver might burn out and make the light very dim within a year. Buying cheap lights is always a lottery, but it generally works out cheaper than much better brands at the cost of more faffing. If I’m riding with a cheap one, I never go out with just a single light; always have a backup on my helmet or in my bag.

PMK2060

Planet x are selling the smart 700 lumen lights at £30 in store. They are also selling the 500 lumen version with a smart rear light for the same price. Ideal as a second light or for commuting.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Chinese lights for a numpty’ is closed to new replies.