Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Chinese lanterns
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Got 10 but never let one go before and a bit worried

how much free space should be around me – frightened of one snagging a house facia and setting it on fire….

park, footy pitch, back garden etc etc….

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

As long as there's no wind, you'll be fine in a medium to large garden. Almost zero chance of setting fire to anything

coolhandluke
    Free Member

UFO sightings over Wigan tonight then! 😀

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

I let 3 off in Telford earlier, hoping to get some UFO sightings! Also, you can just let them off in the street, because as long as it is full of enough hot air, and there isn't too much wind, it goes straight up, and surprisingly quickly!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Do you need help or can you fly them solo?

Mine are about 4 ft high

skidartist
    Free Member

Do you need help or can you fly them solo?

you've probably already let them fly by now but… one to hold, one to light. Otherwise they are a bit of a handful

stevomcd
    Free Member

We set off a bunch from the chalet balcony tonight. Roof overhangs the balcony, which created a few interesting moments. Otherwise, fun and easy, although we did question the wisdom of us setting loose floating fireballs in a resort full of wooden buildings…

LittleTones
    Free Member

Real Laugh with ours, We had five to play with. The first ended in the fish pond, the next three ended up heading towards Canvey Island at an altitude of about 100 ft, the final one just about cleared the back garden and ended in a tree. My nine year old seemed to think that the tree was about ignite – It didn't in the end, but it was funny seeing him jumping up and down. It reminded me as an eleven year old you would let off a firework and then shout 'leg it!' to your friends…..

Philby

Loads over Bristol tonight – never seen them before – is this the new New Year craze?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yeah it's a new way to fill the countryside with rubbish 🙂

luke
    Free Member

the smaller one's tend to be more succesful, than the larger one's

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Chinese lanterns’ is closed to new replies.