Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Chinese carbon wheels – what sites to look at
  • onandon
    Free Member

Hi all,

I need a new set of 11 speed road wheels so fancy giving the Chinese carbon’s a go.
    quite a few sites have been mentioned on here in the past but the searching engine isn’t up to the task of finding them again.

Any help would be appreciated.

njee20
    Free Member

Wheelsfar.com (Far Sports) have always looked most appealing to me, and I’ve only heard good things, but YishunBike.com and AsianCycleExpress.com look interesting.

onandon
    Free Member

Thanks njee.

I currently use some american Classic 350’s at just over 1400 grams.

Just need to figure out if I go with 38mm at a similar weight or the 24mm rim and drop to around 1200g.

njee20
    Free Member

38s for my money – aero trumps lightweight in virtually all situations.

Edit: these drop a chunk of weight anyway.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yeoleo or Carbonal. Have wheels from both, been superb.

Yeoleo CX disc wheelset

Carbonal wheelset

mashiehood
    Free Member

I have been running wheelsfar 38mm for nearly two years, tubeless and faultless.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Farsport 38mm clinchers here, 2 years, no problems..

Stoner
    Free Member

yishunbike is now asian cycle express.

took delivery of a pair of 50mm carbon “U shaped”, wheels for Mrs Stoner as a treat.

Really nicely put together, v good quality, excellent price. Recommended by B Richards Esq

http://www.asiancyclexpress.com/road-cycle-cross/wheels/basic-ccplus-series/carbon-raod-bike-classical-clincher-wheels-with-2-1-spokes-ratio-cc-plus-50c

munkster
    Free Member

I’ve built up carbon clincher rims from Farsports, pretty happy with them and friendly and helpful on email (eg. asking for details on products etc) I’ve found.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Chunky, nice road bike dude like the extra stealthy look those wheels give it, out of curiosity what frame is it?

plus-one

Another thumbs up for far sports 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

It’s just a Ribble R872, or a De Rosa – but De Rosa owners angrily deny it 🙂

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Ah yes they do don’t they 😆 got a Ribble Sportive Racing myself just now but looking to change it for something a bit more racey feeling and quite like the 872 plus I can tell myself it’s really a De Rosa anyway.

showerman
    Free Member

very helpful guys going for the 90mm dragons in yellow myself, loads of road stuff
    http://www.nextie-bike.com

nickc

very happy with my 872. Don’t care if it’s a De Rosa copy. 😆

trailmoggy
    Free Member

I have a nice set for sale, brand new

onandon
    Free Member

Cool, Email me with what you have and the details please.
    Thanks

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Chinese carbon wheels – what sites to look at’ is closed to new replies.