Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Chinese carbon roadie build. Flyxi FLX-FR-322.
  • stumpy01

hora – Member
    That looks like a RT58.

After all the hassle. Was it worth the saving?!

What hassle did the OP have?

RT58 is £699 and the OP paid £300. Saving of £399 sounds pretty good to me. Could probably get Chinese frame up & running for the cost of the RT58 frame alone.

atlaz
    Free Member

The hassle for my delivery was no more or less than buying a frame from Singular when I bought from Sam. If anything I got more communication than I expected as they kept me up to date with the painting process.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I would like to spoil my bike with some shiny new, light carbon bars. Any good pointers of decent sellers to look at for good quality on these, anyone?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

The deliveries I’ve had from China have been quicker than most UK suppliers.

The last frame I got was ordered on a Wednesday, arrived the following Monday.

Shred
    Free Member

Anyone know of a disc equipped road bike with full guard mounts?

rOcKeTdOg

By that reckoning RD you should seek mental help for your obsession with spaffing over 29ers and declaring 26ers obsolete, given the number of times you say it.

Oh dear, you don’t like it when someone answers back do you? Still, I thought you’d come back with a better reposte than that, seems I overestimated you

And get with the programme it’s all about 27.5 now, 29 is as dead as 26

clubber
    Free Member

Now now, kids. Behave or I’ll send you both off to work in a Chinese carbon sweatshop factory 😉

rOcKeTdOg

I’d rather work in a sweet shop 🙂

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Hi,

Just swapped my Boardman Hybrid frame for this as a CXr

IMG_20131118_093328_737 by spangel great, on Flickr

and a winter bike.

IMG_20131118_121243_156-1 by spangel great, on Flickr

Two for the price of one.

£350 for the frame Iplay IP105d.

Regards

campfreddie
    Free Member

Here is mine… Now sold

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

whats the fake FSA stuff like? it looks nothing like the real thing but i’m interested.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I’d buy either something unbranded or something where the Chinese company is happy to put their own brand name on it eg. Hylix.

Oh and my FM066 (now sold)….

hora
    Free Member

I’d have their name in Chinese. Why not?

Campfreddie- I like. Where/what was your frame?

talawan
    Free Member

talawan
    Free Member

Upgraded my Lapierre to new components. What came off was placed to frame fr321 from ebay.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

you have to been logged onto the site where that image is linked to

oldgit
    Free Member

Slightly ot. I was scouring eBay for another second hand Giant TCR or Defy frame. There ate lots of new, cheap carbon TCR frames on there from Hong Kong. How do you tell if they’re legit?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

nice OP – ive been looking at chinese TT frames for a “dabble”

one thing, are they also chinese “FSA” parts as ive seen them fail a lot more than the frames

nemesis
    Free Member

There ate lots of new, cheap carbon TCR frames on there from Hong Kong. How do you tell if they’re legit?

Simple, they’re probably not. Why would they have lots of them if they were legit Giant frames and be selling them here – grey imports is obviously a possibility but more likely is that they’re just fakes. As above, buy from well regarded Chinese manufacturers that are happy to sell parts under their own name.

cookeaa

How do you tell if they’re legit?

If you want certainty then buy from a Giant distributor, not to say a HK import isn’t, or won’t be of comparable quality but if you want to be sure you have a warranty you’ll have to use go the “traditional” route…

TBH I’m more tempted by an unbranded, Far eastern CX Disc frame than a branded import… the “Stealth” examples in this thread look way sexier IMO…

Mowgli
    Free Member
    nemesis
    Free Member

The early 90s called, Mowgli. They want their bar tape back 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

so carbonzone? I’ve got every single component to build a bike, absolutely everything. I’ve got a new bike coming early 2015. But I could go Chinese to hang it all on.
    I always think of Ritte bikes, really fancied their top road race model some years back. However their website gave you the details of where to purchase the exact frame at a fraction of the cost, excluding nice Ritte paint.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I’ve looked at those TCR’s and wondered as well oldgit, see they have Alu ones too which for some reason makes me think the seller seems more legit.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

How the hell did this thread get resurrected.? The bike is still going strong BTW.

nemesis
    Free Member

I can recommend Miracle Cycles (also called Ican) too (via Ali Express)

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/611642

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve used Carbonal a few times, they’ve been spot on.

Couple of frames and wheels bought in the past. Good communication and fast delivery. Often faster than some UK vendors I use.

njee20
    Free Member

The early 90s called, Mowgli. They want their bar tape back

And for the love of god sort your stem/spacers out.

I’ve looked at those TCR’s and wondered as well oldgit, see they have Alu ones too which for some reason makes me think the seller seems more legit.

No, it means they copy alu frames and carbon ones.

I’d happily buy unbranded or a frame with the company’s own name on, but sod fakes.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Ya probably, it just looks so damn similar right down to the way the Alu is “molded” around the seat tube area.

I’m with you on the fake goods thing.

chakaping
    Free Member

You’ve going to have to explain that stem mowgli.

😀

rOcKeTdOg

I used flyxii, took 6 days from order to delivery, bike is now 6 months old and done a fair few miles & hasn’t fallen apart yet

Dyffers
    Free Member

TBH I’m more tempted by an unbranded, Far eastern CX Disc frame than a branded import… the “Stealth” examples in this thread look way sexier IMO…

Flyxii FR602 disc CX frame and fork bought to be a fast commuter / winter club run / audax bike.

Chosen because it was the only disc CX model I could find that had proper mudguard mounts. Also, I could get it with an english BB.

3 months and about 400 miles so far, no complaints. Lightweight and souless, just like I wanted. 🙂 Fork in particular is worryingly light 😕

cookeaa

Lightweight and souless, just like I wanted.

I like my Women like I like my bicycles… No?

There do seem to be some rather good frame/fork deals for around the ~£300 mark… Did that one come with a headset?

rOcKeTdOg

Frame, fork & headset for £267 delivered for mine

nemesis
    Free Member

That’s particularly good value, RD – link?

Dyffers
    Free Member

There do seem to be some rather good frame/fork deals for around the ~£300 mark… Did that one come with a headset?

Yep. Frame, fork and headset for £304 + UK charges.

rOcKeTdOg

Nemesis
    http://www.flyxii.com/en/products/flx-fr-322.html
    Currently £263! I went via aliexpress though as they don’t take money until u see the frame & have ok’d it

Mowgli
    Free Member

The stem is a continuing source of shame. Swapped from an old bike (with very high head tube) and not got round to replacing yet.

The bar tape, however, is staying :-p

fatbiker
    Free Member

Hi folks

Has anybody seen any NEW Chinese/far eastern/cheap carbon cyclocross frames ? There seems to be a whole host of new road disk frames popping up . But the tyre clearance seems a little too tight for a decent ‘cross sized tyre IMHO .

TIA

Fatbiker

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Chinese carbon roadie build. Flyxi FLX-FR-322.’ is closed to new replies.