Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • chinese carbon rims
  • robgclarkson
    Free Member

has anyone bought and used any of the above?

how do they fare? would they withstand use in the peaks etc?

this is the type of thing i’m talking about: click me

sorry for my apparent vagueness, and yes, i’d only be buying a 26″ rim 🙁

scandalous
    Free Member

I had a 29er set

no issues at all

just ordered some 50mm clinchers for a cx bike I have been dreaming about for a while

julians
    Free Member

Lots of threads on this if you search.

I’ve recently bought a pair of the am rims, they seem decent but I’ve not had them long enough to comment ontheir long term ability .

General gist seems to be that they’re fine as long as you have enough air in them to prevent the rim hitting rock directly. And in scenarios where an alloy rim might end up with a dent or something worse,these might crack or worse.

I reckon they’ll be fine, just need to run them with enough air in to prevent rim strikes,which is generally best practice for all rims

robgclarkson
    Free Member

thanks chaps… i’ll do some searching then 😉

ssboggy

. And in scenarios where an alloy rim might end up with a dent or something worse,these might crack or worse

I’ve cracked a light bicycle 29er rims. I had the pressure too low tubeless and put a hole in a snakeskin Racing Ralph, it was a pretty big hit onto a rock and I recon it would have seriously dinted an alloy rim. It still held air tubeless after fixing the hole in the tyre but the bead was cracked and started to delaminate. I’d have another but make sure it had a bit more pressure in 😳

composite
    Free Member

I got a 29er pair and really like them. They ride incredibly well and just feel great.

andyl46
    Free Member

Got the 29er wider Light Bicycle full wheels and rather like them. Hubs aren’t superlight (steel freehub on rear) but its the rims where the difference really counts, they are super stiff and strong and really suit the xc/trail riding I do.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘chinese carbon rims’ is closed to new replies.