Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Chinese carbon 15mm taper bolt thru XC fork?
  • london_lad_liam
    Free Member

Any body got one of these?

Looking at getting one make my XC bike rigid over summer.

see quite a few on a famous bidding website,seem to be BIN for about 80 – 90 quid plus what ever fees you may or may not incur.

Is there one that is better than the other or all much for much-nes?

Also note a few of them dont come with the bolt thru axles.

help appreciated.

Liam

preciousmetals
    Free Member

Ime having had an xlite carbon 15mm axle fork and a Niner RDO 15mm axle fork, they were notably different.

Guess which ones were a lot lot better…?

monkeyboyjc

I had one on my canyon when I converted it to road use for a charity London – Paris ride in 2013…. I also ran it off road for about 5 month after with no problems. Eventually went back to the sus fork in the spring though.

In all it performed faultlessly. I had no issues at all. On criticism is that the bolt through axel wasn’t up to rock shox or fox quality… nothing wrong with it, it just wasn’t as nicely finished as the norm (square edged etc).

I now run a similar China carbon fork on my Fat bike.

Again not issues other than the quality/feel of the axel qr. This one has taken a beating in the last 6 months.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Yeah got one on my El Mariachi it’s from Ican. Can’t fault it great service as well constant updates as to where the fork was regards shipping in fact even got an email from them telling me it was at the P.O. & I should go get it ( I was away when delivered). Performance wise brilliant saves a ton of weight strong enough for biggish XC type hits round the children’s were I ride but also plenty of comfort/damping from the carbon.

scotroutes

I have a Boost version running B+ wheels and tyres. No issues to date, though the chunky design of it isn’t likely to provide any carbon “damping” (3″ tyres make it irrelevant for me.) Recessed cable routing down the back of the fork leg is very neat.

As regards the axle, check whether or not it’s supplied. Mine wasn’t and the one I then bought, though ok, has a loose “nut” end that’s only a friction fit in the fork. I’m considering using epoxy to hold it in place but as the lever on the axle isn’t adjustable it’s a fit-once option.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Chinese carbon 15mm taper bolt thru XC fork?’ is closed to new replies.