Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Chinese bike experiences.
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

Have one of these on way should get it this week …

what size did you go for?

plus-one

Medium 🙂

trickydisco
    Free Member

Can you measure it for me when u get it.

Seems weird the flyxxi version has a longer top tube than seat tube (seat tube is 55 and top tube is 56 which will be a touch too long for me)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The ICAN has a 74deg seat angle, which is very steep compared to the first one at 72.5 at 56cm, which will reduce the measured top tube (either horisontal or actual), but you’ll need a much more laid back seatpost to get the same position as the first one, which will give it a longer reach to the bars.

1deg slacker is about 1cm difference at the saddle, so to get an effective angle from the BB to the clamp of about 71deg (no one uses a straight post, and allowing for a 15-20mm set back on a normal-ish 72.5deg frame) the effective top tubes would be 55+1.5=56.5, and 56+3=59. So that 56cm ICAN is going to feel a lot longer if correctly set up.

lilchris
    Free Member

My frame, like wot Clubber wrote got, arrived yesterday.

Undecided at the moment whether to deck it out in 11-Alfine, or 105…..

theflatboy
    Free Member

What’s the value going to end up like if I was to get one of these as the basis for a winter bike? Is this a stupid idea compared to something alu like a Dolan Prefissio? And does anyone know of any decent Chinese offerings with proper guard mounts?

So many questions…

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Hi,

Got an Iplay IP-105d cyclocross frame.

Transaction was pretty flawless. Good communication and some minor issues (fork bung was wrong size) were sorted quickly. Frame arrived in 5 days with no charges through customs (value was declared).

Build quality is good overall. The only issue was a slight alignment problem with the disc calipers. Had to put 1mm shims on the discs, not a major issue.

Frame rides really well, stiff but compliant ride. Good mud clearance. It has part mudguard fittings. No eyelets but use quick release adaptors with no problems.

Use it as a cross bike and a commuter training bike. The head tune was a bit taller than I estimated so I am using a 17 degree stem.

It is far superior to the Boardman hybrid frame it replaced but cost over a third less than a named similar frame.

Regards

trickydisco
    Free Member

The ICAN has a 74deg seat angle, which is very steep compared to the first one at 72.5 at 56cm, which will reduce the measured top tube (either horisontal or actual), but you’ll need a much more laid back seatpost to get the same position as the first one, which will give it a longer reach to the bars.

Cheers

So I fit a ridley 52 (56 normal) and I also ride a 54 kinesis crosslight (the old size down myth) and a 56 road bike.

I think i need a top tube around the 55 mark (after measuring my road bike)

Should i go for the 55 based on that?

rOcKeTdOg

I would
    My FR-322 has a shortish top tube though but with a 110mm stem it seems fine 58cm frame

trickydisco
    Free Member

Do any of these carbon cross frames not have a sloping top tube?

Need to get my head around what thisisnotaspoon said

plus-one

Can you measure it for me when u get it.

Seems weird the flyxxi version has a longer top tube than seat tube (seat tube is 55 and top tube is 56 which will be a touch too long for me)

Will do 🙂

plus-one

Arrived yesterday .. Quality/finish is second to none 🙂

Size medium

Top tube 53 actual/54 effective/virtual

Chap on here selling same frame in large tricky disco ?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-carbon-cyclocross-disc-frameset-1

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Do any of these carbon cross frames not have a sloping top tube?

Propper cross frames are designed to be carried on your shoulder, hence won’t be compact.

Need to get my head around what thisisnotaspoon said

Your saddle should be positioned relative to the BB. So a steeper seat angle needs a more laid back seatpost (or the saddle moving back on the rails).

So 2 56cm top tube frames, one with a 72deg seat angle and the other 74deg, on the 74deg the bars are effectively ~2cm further away as they’re the same distance from the seatpost on both bikes, but on the 74deg version your saddle needs to be 2cm further back from the post than the 72deg version to get the same distance behind the BB.

plus-one

Now built and to say I’m impressed is an understatement !!! Finish/quality is spot on… Have a few tweaks to make with steerer length and still to apply bar tape..

image by Plus one2010, on Flickr

Bought from these guys

http://www.speedercycling.com

Dealt with Tracy and my endless questions were dealt with promptly 🙂

Anyway I’m off out for a cx blast 😀

ir_bandito
    Free Member

What sort of price do ypu pay for a frame(set)?

skinnyboy
    Free Member

I love my Flyxii hard tail, had it over 18 months and its never missed a beat. All the stuff like head tube and BB shells were immaculate and not a single problem was encountered when i built it up. Nice balance of stiffness and compliancy as well. Soon to be parted out between a new 29er and a Giant Trance this winter.

plus-one

$399 frame/fork
    $100 shipping

I paid extra for seatpost about $40-50 I think can’t remember ??

Worked out just over £400 shipped and I never got stung on any import/tax etc 😀

rOcKeTdOg

I paid £267 delivered (took 6 days) for frame & forks

trickydisco
    Free Member

Looks great plusone!

i really want the non disc version (as i have a set of non disc tubs)

It seems they do the canti version but it’s different sizes/geometry to the disc

That medium you described sounds perfect for (54/55 top tube).. around 56 (horizontal) is too long i reckon

Speedcycling non disc geometry

plus-one

Cheers Trickydisco 🙂

I was never getting discs on a cx bike … I’m a convert already 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s going very well

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

Far too many road bike pictures on this thread already, and then someone goes and posts a picture of a fixie!!!!

mtbtomo
    Free Member

PlusOne – Is it going to stay singlespeed ??

Can I see a mech hanger – and if so, how are you keeping the chain tensioned?

thepodge
    Free Member

EBB in a PF BB I suspect

plus-one

Yes no plans for gears but you never know 😉

I’m running a “beer components” ebb(frame is bb30) I may remove hanger reckon it will protect the carbon so may leave it on 🙂

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Ah, so a BB30 shell is large enough for an EBB? Learn something new every day.

thepodge
    Free Member

It’s something I’d considered but by the time you add the BB cost to the frame it starts being a bit expensive which for me would be the exact opposite of why I was buying a Chinese carbon frame

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’m really torn at the moment. Do i go for one of the Chinese carbon frames or i’m very tempted by the Guerciotti X Crow on planet x at the moment.

trickydisco
    Free Member

plus one

Have you had chance to thrash it round? Does it feel still?

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Chinese bike experiences.’ is closed to new replies.