Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Chimney Bank – lambs to the slaughter…..
  • stevew
    Free Member

I’ve ridden Chimney Bank a few times on mountain bikes and found it tough but ridable. I now mainly ride road bikes and will be tackling it on my roady for the first time on Saturday. Looking forward to it.

Anywho, my main point is this, the trip is predicated on a Cropton Brewery visit on the evening and an overnighter following much beerness with mates. Said mates have a range of riding ability but are wanting to join the ride up Chimney Bank. Think they’ll be fine if slightly broken but made me wonder if anyone else out there has similar tales of putting friends through cycling related extremes?!?

dabble
    Free Member

Once went to gisburn wi a lad who is mates wi my cousin, he’d smoked 5 fags in the hour long drive to get there. 10 minutes in he wanted to go back to the car n wait for us, half ‘our in and he still wasnt happy. He had a fag at the top of the hill, did a descent and loved it from then on. Despite that hes still not been out with us since- this was last march. Probably dint help it was a damp windy day n he was riding in jeans and a trackie top, think i would of wanted to throw in the towel too, nowt worse than riding in wet jeans, PITA.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I was once spewing due to excess alcohol intake one saturday morning just as my mate came to pick me up to go ride the black at GT. Managed it fine, but started spewing again as soon as I got back home.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ton

we rode up to the Lion Inn on Blackley Ridge last week. we road up from Churchouses.
    the hill is Chimney Bank’s twin brother.
    i got rid of a bottle of red wine through projectile vomiting half way up. 😐

jonathan
    Free Member

That Church Houses to Blakey road is a beast – steep for about twice as long as Chimney Bank!

I led my bro-in-law (long-ago mountain biker, now mamil roadie) on a fantastic ride last summer up Ben Venue – he pretty much insisted on coming. It was about 2 hours climbing, of which an hour was carrying over steep ground, followed by an awesome techy descent with drops and super narrow bits and even bigger drops if you got it wrong. He swore his way to the bottom and ended up in such a foul mood. I don’t think he’s touched a mountain bike since 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Chimney Bank – lambs to the slaughter…..’ is closed to new replies.