• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chilterns
  • dafoxster
    Free Member

Is there an area in the Chilterns that’s holding up well in the winter?

If so anybody know of any good .gpx routes?

Thanks

nsaints
    Free Member

I have some routes, think I still have them after formatting my drive. Mail me and I’ll dig them out
    No idea on current conditions 😕

grilla
    Free Member

Most of the routes up and down the ridgeway between Stokenchurch and Princes Ris seem ok, but most of the routes through the woods on top of the ridge near Stokenchurch are very muddy. The ridgeway path is more variable, but mainly better north of the M40.

The frost in the mornings this weekend fixed things until it melted.

br
    Free Member

Around Wendover is not too bad (last out Thu evening), when you looking at?

Rio

Conditions weren’t too bad at the weekend, mind you the worst bits were frozen solid. Plenty of rain forecast tomorrow though. I expect most areas will be passable with the right tyres.

soobalias
    Free Member

last weekend was patchy
    but its thawed and rained today so i predict going to be soft to, er, softer

jezketley
    Free Member

I like the area around Warburg Nature reserve in winter, as there are a number of long tracks that tend to offer good going, and some are quite rooty and fun. No GPX,sorry, but the area is between Bix Bottom, Stonor, Russels Water, Crookley Green.

mtbfix

If you stay on the edge of the escarpment and go up and down things are not too bad. Once you get into the woods on the tops it is a mire.

Sam

Ashridge running OK at the moment but thawing fast…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chilterns’ is closed to new replies.