Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Chillis
  • Scamper
    Free Member

My brother as a side line grew them for a year or two on what can only be described as an industrial scale and either sold the plants or sauces etc. May be some info on his facebook page – Shropshire Chilli Farm

Drac

Little black flies love the plants and are a pain to get rid of.

Stick them outside the wasps love them.

mogrim

Bit late to the thread, but currently have last year’s jalapeño doing well, the previous year’s cayenne also fruiting, and then another 4 or 5 varieties which are slowly getting there. Despite Madrid sun they do seem to take a long time to start really producing, at least in their first year.

All grown from seed, lucky I planted loads as I had a lot of seedling death – they’re pretty fragile.

chewkw
    Free Member

Whatever you do not grow this lot or consume them coz you will cry. They are meant to be used as “weapon” to spray on the eyes … 😯

1. Peach Ghost Scorpion
    2. Chocolate Habalokia
    3. Dorset Naga
    4. Seven-Pot Habanero
    5. Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
    6. Naga Viper
    7. Carolina Reaper

Ref here.

robj20
    Free Member

Naga is my fave hot sauce, and curry, has a lovely fruity taste. Trinidad Scorpian as well, really nice.

Cougar

Just spotted this on MSE today.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/jersey-plants-direct

If you go via this MSE Blagged Jersey Plants Direct* link you can get one ‘Chilli Pepper Apache’ plant and one ‘Chilli Pepper Basket of Fire’ plant for £9.99 delivered (norm £25.98).

Jersey Plants Direct says each plant will arrive with at least 40 small ready-to eat chillies growing on it.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Keep your seeds over the winter in an airtight pot. Put some dry rice in there to soak up any moisture. Plant in Jiffy pellets on new years day. You’ll need to keep them moist and nice and warm. Airing cupboard until they break the surface then light. Lots and lots of light. I use ‘grow lights’ from my local ‘grow shop’. Once the 1st set of leaves is properly established pot the whole pellet into a bigger pot. Pot wise – Don’t go too big too soon, otherwise the plant will just concentrate on root growth.

Keep them moist but never wet, give them 14 hours a day of light and re-pot when roots show out of the drainage holes. When May comes around, take them outside on sunny days, for an hour or two but no longer…do this for a week or so until they’re hardend to he sun, then put them in a greenhouse. Keep watered. Watch for pests. It’s a labour of love. Depending on variety, they’re so fussy about temperature and light.

Also have a look at Greenhouse sensations Quadgrow system. I’ve had fabulous results with them too.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Chillis’ is closed to new replies.