Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Chili Vodka
  • Coyote
    Free Member

After a cracking New Year’s Eve with the traditional vodka shots (blackcurrant this year!) the honour of providing this years has fallen to me and I fancy making chili vodka. Anyone recommend any good recipes?

Drac

Bottle of vodka drop a ghost chilli in it, leave until NYE.

soobalias
    Free Member

i mangle quite a lot of vodka so here is my advice on ,vodka.

strength: chilli is readily absorbed by vodka, so go easy, you are gonna have to test it so you know where you stand.
    speed: you could buy a bottle of black label smirnoff and a birds eye chilli now, but one in the other and wait till its infused. or. you could buy a cheap ass bottle of polski finest and the same birds eye chilli, put togther, put through the dishwasher, chill and drink before the night is done. the advantage of this is you can make it and taste it in short order. If its great you have a recipe, if it sux, you have drain cleaner.

all that done, i suggest you make a small amount of chilli vodka, a small amount of “sweet chilli vodka” and then something a little more cooling to compliment, perhaps mint humbug vodka.

Christmas eve was seen off with “kiddie vodka*” and “marmalade vodka” saved the hard stuff for when i have a clear day following.
    *kiddie = sherbet lemon and barley sugar

CountZero

Ok, for those who fancy a proper weapons-grade chilli vodka, forget the Naga Vodka, get some seeds and grow some Carolina Reaper chillis and rustle up something that probably doesn’t comply with the Geneva Convention.
    Blair and Bush went to war over something less dangerous than these things:
    https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/top-10-worlds-hottest-peppers/#

dekadanse
    Free Member

There are some brilliant Polish chilli vodkas to be had – remember a happy evening getting blasted on a variety in a pub in Bath (and I don’t even like vodka normally!)

CountZero

I’m not much for vodka normally, but I’m going to get a bottle of cheap supermarket stuff, some jalapeño chillis, and make my own. Seems to be about as hassle free as you could want, and looks the ideal thing to put in one of my hip-flasks when I’m out on the hills in the cold. 😀

Coyote
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips! Keep them coming.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Bottle of vodka(Smirnoff)
    Chilli(x2)
    Needle and WHITE thread

Prick chillis with fork thread onto cotton thread (important that its white as colour will run if not) hang in bottle of vodka shaking every so often store in cupboard for as long as you dare(gets stronger longer it’s left)

Chilli vodka martinis are a fav in our house 😀

jkomo

I would try scotch bonnet chillies, very hot, but fruity at the same time.

stayhigh

For Christmas this year I made chilli vodka to give to my friends.

I used Vladivar, fwiw, sliced a home grown finger chilli in half and dropped it in the bottle and left in the larder for around 8 weeks. Two days before Christmas I recanted it into nice bottles, adding a whole chilli with the stem sliced off for good measure.

Its surprisingly smooth with a heat that grows nicely from the back of your throat. Due to a small miscalculation though I seem to have a bottle leftover 😉

sunnrider
    Free Member

Chilli works so much better with a well brewed imperial stout.
    The flavors in vodka are all wrong, there´s no balance.
    A proper stout with a touch of bitterness, chocolate and coffee will showcase the heat from a chilli much more effectivly than vodka.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Chili Vodka’ is closed to new replies.