Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Chili
  • hot_fiat

Having had my Scotch Bonnet plants finally keel over and head back to the great composter in the sky, I was given some Dorset Naga seedlings to play with. Nearly 18 months on and the first one is pretty much ripe.

Now, do I:

Save and dry it for a ‘lads’ chili later in the year;
    Sneak it into the Jalfrezi I’m teaching the o/h to make tonight, bearing in mind we’re 39 weeks tomorrow;
    Freeze it in some home made salsa?

z1ppy

Can’t guarantee it’s the best way to do it, but I just freeze our chilli’s in a takeaway tub & use them straight from the freezer without issue (they defrost in minutes on the side but I try to chop them up frozen). Only just finished using up out 2011 crop, which was lucky they lasted, as our 2012 crop was rubbish.
    2013’s are coming along well.

tang
    Free Member

I’d save it. If she’s goes overdue, get cooking. Our first child was born the day after a very hot curry(homemade with fresh chilli).

warton
    Free Member

Sneak it into the Jalfrezi I’m teaching the o/h to make tonight, bearing in mind we’re 39 weeks tomorrow;

you’re playing with fire there, you do know what can happen during childbirth, don’t you 😯

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Can’t guarantee it’s the best way to do it, but I just freeze our chilli’s in a takeaway tub & use them straight from the freezer without issue (they defrost in minutes on the side but I try to chop them up frozen). Only just finished using up out 2011 crop, which was lucky they lasted, as our 2012 crop was rubbish.
    2013’s are coming along well.

I could have typed an identical post….

fogliettaz
    Free Member

Scotch Bonnets will seem mild by comparison with Naga chilis. I have 6-8 Bhut Jalokis (Naga Ghost Chili) growing at the moments and plan to turn them into homemade tabasco later in the year.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Chili’ is closed to new replies.