Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Children's walking wellies? Is there such a thing?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Now we have a little puppy we will be doing lots of walks (naturally) and many of the local ones are on muddy footpaths. Our girls have been wearing their wellies but they aren’t very comfortable – they are already complaining of them rubbing their legs.

So – is there such a thing as a welly (ie, slip off) that has more support and is more comfortable for walking? I guess I am thinking of something like a lighter-weight snow boot (that won’t be too hot in the summer months).

We are trying to avoid proper walking boots as all I can see is lots of faff doing laces up when we just want something that is easy to pop on and off.

Stoner
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think you are over thinking things, wellies are uncomfortable and children whine

johndoh
    Free Member

I think you are over thinking things, wellies are uncomfortable and children whine

This is true, however yesterday we did a 3 mile walk and the girls’ legs were red raw from the chafing 😳

wrightyson
    Free Member

Always had my brats in walking boots. However hunter do wellybobs.

poly
    Free Member

Bogs are an interesting take on the Welly – with holes in the side!
    Muck boots look like the sort of solution you want – they may not meet the budget expectations though!

You have find wellies much more comfortable if worn with a very long sock curled over the top (like this: ) – you can buy specific “welly” socks for this purpose (some with overpriced branding etc)… …but for kids any long ski type sock should work. You leave the sock in the welly when not worn.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the girls’ legs were red raw from the chafin

Socks and trousers inside wellies outside?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Linky
    Tad pricey though. I’m having some for festival duties this year.
    Sure someone must make a cheaper version btw.

DezB
    Free Member

Tad pricey though.

Ooh, I don’t think you can pay enough for wellies! (sarcasm)

Just get some of those cheap snow boots from Trespass. Completely water proof and about £25.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I also bought similar to those dez mentions above for the kids but from decathlon.

properbikeco
    Free Member

decathlon do a nice lined winter welly for kids – around £10 and in a few decent colours

may be too hot for summer but better than frozen feet in winter

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/glenarm-warm-kids-low-wellies-blue-id_8339505.html

johndoh
    Free Member

They look spot on properbikeco – cheers!

molgrips
    Free Member

When you weigh 15kg, your feet don’t need a lot of support. Long socks to stop the chafing, and then cheap wellies. My kids are fussy as hell and even they never complain about their feet in wellies.

In summer, my kids just use crocs, get wet feet, then clean up afterwards.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Children's walking wellies? Is there such a thing?’ is closed to new replies.